Chapter 8: Social Distancing: the Challenge(?)

Chapter Note:

Lighthearted chapter this time. Enjoy.

(PS: Sorry for the maybe unexpected angst last chapter)

—————————

Time: 11:55 am

Remaining time for the challenge: — —

Hiyori blinked, then blinked again. She was now lying down on her bed, facing the ceiling that seemed to stretch infinitely in her vision.

This is not her room's ceiling, however.

Did she succeed? Did the time loop pass?

She frowned a little, eyes still a little dry from...yesterday's episode as she sat up. Spotting her phone next to her, she viewed the phone's notification.

Scenario:

Date and teach the target 'Kiyotaka Ayanokouji' about 'love' before the Last Special Exam. Break up with him as Year 1 semester ends.

Objective 2:

You have successfully not captured the heart of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. But as love starts when you least expected, go and apologise to Ayanokouji by fulfilling whatever he desires. Success will depend upon Ayanokouji's satisfaction.

Completed!

Reward: Beep Beep, Cat Ears!
(Effect: What is this? Oh, a pill that once swallowed, allows you to have cat ears spawning on your head and tail coming out of your back? What else does this item do?Nothing! But it makes you cuter though)

You have completed an impossible task! Additional reward will now be distributed!

Reward: 'Obsessive Rewind'
(Effect: Flashbacks, who doesn't love them? The precious pieces of a person's past. And the moments that define a person's future. So, would you not like to experience it yourself? Select a target by gifting this envelope. If the target doesn't open the envelop, you will be able to peek into a person's past, the past that defined all of them. If they open it, a randomly allotted but terrible consequence would happen. Use it wisely!)

...she-

...

...she did it.

The thought swirled in Hiyori's head, before forming into a tide of happiness that swarmed her mind.

She did it. She completed the objective. She once again escaped the time loop!

...

...there is another one coming, isn't there?

Hiyori sighed as she tapped the notification and logged into her phone with a password. Now at message board, she scrolled downwards.

It is fine. After the emotional turmoil yesterday, she was able to numb her emotion for a while. Yes, she would get through this without a trouble.

Choose your difficulty.

...?

What is this? Why is there suddenly an option like never before?

Option 1:

You have successfully completed an impossible task. Now rest up, and prepare for the next objective with full energy!

Difficulty:

Easy.

Rewards:

'No Objective Distributed For One Week'