Chapter 7: May Today Last Eternal (Part 2)

Author's note:

WARNING: Extreme Sugar content ahead (also horni but no smut)

Edit: Also, very slight angst up ahead at the end.

Enjoy

--------------------------

Current objective:

You have successfully not captured the heart of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. But as love starts when you least expected, go and apologise to Ayanokouji by fulfilling whatever he desires. Success will depend upon Ayanokouji's satisfaction.

Difficulty:

Hell.

----------------------------

"Someone like me?"

Ayanokouji is flabbergasted. No, it would be more accurate to describe his confusion as 'betrayed'.

Hiyori is by no means a naïve girl who is blind to her surroundings, even to him. Rather, she was too pure and kind-hearted to involve herself in the class ordeals. Like a bystander, you are not guilty if you are not directly involved, and you are not guilty if you act in the name of the 'greater good'. Ryuen's tyranny is that 'greater good', which is why she allowed and complied despite both having such contrasting ideologies.

If given an opportunity, Hiyori would sacrifice herself for the welfare of her class and friend if proven necessary as well, precisely because she is weighted down by her kindness.

This is not a subjective comment. It is something he concluded after being a friend of Hiyori, despite the short while they had.

It is the same in this situation, the usual Hiyori would not be selfish and prioritise her wish and selfishness over others. Not to claim she didn't have them, but she had neither the incentive nor maliciousness to act on them.

So...what is this?

He blinked as Hiyori stepped close to him, stopping just near his chest. Her height is short compared to his, yet as she gazed upwards with a wide smile, paired with the cardigan that showed a modest appeal to her chest...

...Ayanokouji is evaluating her violet, clear, wide eyes from above. For a moment, he was...entranced in a calm, undisturbed sea.

"I'm very sorry, Ayanokouji-kun."

Hiyori drew out her hand, as its finger stopped short at his thigh. He can feel the fingernails protruding his trousers, right below his manhood.

"Your normal life...I know more than anyone it is unachievable."

Slowly, her finger snaked upward, tickling his thigh as it traced along the trouser. His teeth shivered, as the finger entered the zipped-up jacket, where it stopped at the t-shirt around his stomach.

"I am an arrogant person. I would like to assume even the worst thing about you."

The words drummed in his head as his cold, dead heart slowly vitalized itself. The warmth of her finger still lingered on her stomach.

And yet, she didn't stop. His shoulders trembled as the tickling sensation trickled upward once again before Hiyori dragged her shoulder forward. Staring down, a blush became apparent on her face, as her fingernail scratched near his heart.

Then, with one step, her chest stopped right before his. Her eyes now trembling more than ever, her blush grew wider from ear-to-ear, and her brows furrowed themselves in visible discomfort.

The only consistent, unfaltering was her smile. And her eyes never left his.

"A normal life depends on both expected and unexpected, Ayanokouji-kun."