vi.

WARNING: this chapter will discuss suicidal thoughts and suicide in many forms. I just wanted you guys to know before reading. If you don't feel comfortable reading through Carter's thoughts, I would be more than happy to explain to you what happens in this chapter if you message me.

And remember, you are all gorgeous and are worth every bit of life as the rest of us. Don't give up and keep fighting.

I LOVE YOU!

v. BURNING BLOOD

○ ○ ○

CARTER SLUNG HER SMALL bag over her good shoulder, still feeling the wound on her left one, hesitantly filing off the bus along with Allison, Lydia, Scott, Stiles, and the rest of the Beacon Hills' cross-country team. Seeing as though traffic and a tornado warning made the cross-country meet be rescheduled for the following day, they were now residing at a small run-down motel. She glanced up at the neon-sign above them reading: Motel Glen Capri.

In all honesty, it reminded Carter of the Stephen King novel-movie: The Shining. If Jack Nicholson burst into her room with a pickaxe while screaming, "Here's Johnny!" she wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Along with the creepy-looking exterior, the place was giving off some serious bad vibes. Like, the vibes when someone is luring you to a specific destination so they can cut-you-up-into-tiny-little-pieces. But, Carter had gotten used to the whole bad vibe thing.

She found herself standing next to Isaac, he had been a little hesitant about standing next to her after what had happened at the rest stop, but he just couldn't explain why it was bothering him so much. The two of them stared up at the motel with distaste. Something inside her subconscious was screaming at her not to enter the motel; a feeling of death surged through her.

"I've seen worse," Scott mumbled to Stiles, gripping the strap of his bag tightly.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles pondered, the two of them making their way to stand next to Danny.

Coach blew his whistle, silencing all of the teenagers, "Listen up! The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up - choose wisely. And I'll have no perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Carter turned to ask Isaac if the two of them wanted to room together, but before she could even get a word out Isaac grabbed Boyd's forearm and the pair rushed off, leaving Carter standing there with her eyes following the dispersing figures. She turned around once they were out of sight, noticing that Lydia hadn't moved since they got off the bus. Allison seemed to have caught on as well, she glanced back toward the strawberry-blonde, "Lydia?"

"I don't like this place."

"You feel it, too, huh?" Carter asked, moving toward the two girls. She wasn't afraid of talking to them anymore, after the two girls had watched Carter fight for her life, they quickly gave up their petty fighting. Carter was more than glad that she had her friends back.

Allison turned back around to look at the motel behind them, "I don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for a night."