twenty; art of war

ART OF WAR

​Carter had driven herself and Kira to her brother's apartment complex, Scott and Stiles deciding to meet the two girls there. When Carter piled out of her car she instantly gritted her teeth, an extreme heat pricking at her skin. She glanced at Kira out of the corner of her eye before she began unbuttoning her flannel, removing the smothering clothing from her hot body.

Kira looked over at the brunette, giving her a confused look when she saw that Carter was only wearing a white half-shirt that exposed her stomach and a pair of white high-waisted shorts. She shrugged, grabbing the Yukimura girl's wrist before dragging her into the building.

The booming of the bass made their bones rattle as they made their way to stand in front of the sliding door, Carter could feel the ground beneath her feet practically shaking. When the door finally slid open, Carter released all of the air in her lungs as her eyes widened at the sight.

"Derek can never know about this," Carter announced, her wide eyes never leaving the large crowd at the center of the loft, bodies painted with an array of neon colors.

Everyone had been illuminated beyond practical belief - the entire party was incredible, something that she was going to have to give Danny props to. And the twins flawlessly executed it, had her questioning if the place was even her brother's loft or a rave.

Derek would murder Carter if he ever found out that she had given them permission to throw the party in his loft.

She then looked down at her attire, feeling that she fit right in with everyone else. A tight white bralette exposed enough of her chest along with most of her stomach; entire outfit being illuminated with the black lights as they entered the loft.

From beside her, Scott glanced down at the girl who was only a little bit shorter than, he sent her a small and somewhat nervous smile before he grabbed ahold of her hand. Carter's overwhelmingly warm body relaxed in content, allowing some of her warmth to be transferred to him as she laced her fingers along with his.

But despite the fact that they had been a massive and booming party in front of him, Stiles continued to go on about a key that he had found on his key ring that morning. He swore up and down that he had never seen the key or even knew where it came from.

Carter found herself agreeing with Stiles, realizing that it was bizarre for an unknown key to just randomly appear on your key ring. The rational side of her brain said that maybe his father had put it on there without telling him, but her instinctive side reasoned that nothing about the key and Stiles had said added up to anything - or that it didn't make any sense.

"It just showed up there on my key ring this morning," Stiles shouted over the music, Carter and Scott tapping into their heightened hearing to understand what he was saying. "I asked my dad if he put it there but he said he didn't know anything about it."

The True Alpha led his Were-Pheanix girlfriend through the dancing crowd, Kira trailing behind the three teenagers. Carter could tell that Kira was increasingly becoming more and more comfortable around them - especially after what they had done for her back at the police station, but she still didn't necessarily feel comfortable enough to go butting into their conversation. So, she opted to trail along silently, satisfied knowing that she hadn't come to the party alone.

"It's just a key, right?" Scott confirmed, slightly confused as to why Stiles was so alarmed over a key. It wasn't exactly screaming danger or imposed as something life-threatening; considering everything else they have to deal with on a daily basis, a strange key had been the least of their problems.

Stiles nodded, looking back at Scott and Carter. "Yeah, but it's not mine," Carter tilted her head, believing that the boy was looking too far into the situation than it really needed to be. "And I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

Scott moved himself in front of Stiles, the three teenagers facing one another while Kira still dangled on the outside as she tried not to do or say thing wrong thing. Carter had a feeling that the raven-haired girl wasn't the type of person to just go up to a random person and make conversation, she was secluded; overthinking anything and everything she did and said.

"You want to leave so we can figure it out?" Scott inquired, Carter's eyes widened in shock. They had just spent their night committing a felony and now they were at a raging party - Carter had no intentions on leaving the party until her and her boyfriend did something that could be considered fun and teenager worthy in any sort of way.

"Uh..." Stiles contemplated whether or not he thought they should leave the party.