fifteen; more bad than good

MORE BAD THAN GOOD

Stiles stumbled along the rough terrain, leaves crunched beneath his feet as he ran through the crisp and chill night air. It nipped at his skin, his jacket flapping behind him as he searched high and low for his friends.

Then, all of a sudden, his body went crashing into a much smaller one, the teenage boy letting out a scream of fright, the light of the flashlight beaming upon the being's face - temporarily blinding them. It was then that he looked up, Carter Hale was standing in front of him, she let out a sigh of relief, glancing over her shoulder at Scott before returning her attention to Stiles.

"You scared the shit out of me!" Carter cried out, harshly slapping Stiles' arm as she tried to blink away the white dots the flashlight created in her vision.

"Sorry," Stiles panted out. "I think I found something."

Looking toward her best friend, Carter added: "So did we."

And with that, Stiles was back tracking with Scott and Carter in tow. All three teenagers had found something of use - if you considered a nasty coyote den important. Stiles crouched down in front of the rock opening, shining his flashlight within the confined space. He then crawled in, Scott and Carter had been quick to follow.

Carter had been a little reluctant, something in the back of her mind was screaming at her not to go in there, that it was wrong to invade the coyote's den. But they were trying to help Stiles' dad solve one more case while he still held the title as Sheriff.

As it turned out, Agent McCall, Scott's father, had been assigned to investigate Sheriff Stilinski - searching for good enough reasons to have him impeached. Carter already though Scott's father was a dick, from what Scott had told her, but that just proved her opinion.

"It's a coyote den," Stiles explained, allowing the beam of light to shine upon the young girl's belongings.

"Werecoyote."

Stiles glanced over toward the teens beside him, realizing that something must have happened while they chasing after the animal. Carter knew that she saw blue eyes glowing, but when she was face-to-face with the coyote, she was proven right.

Stiles reached out, grabbing the small blue winter-jacket lying in the den, lifting it up and holding it out for Scott and Carter to see. "You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

The three of them all huddled around the object in question, they were silent for a moment before Carter's attention moved away from the jacket. The Were-Pheanix reached out, grabbing a dirty teddy bear that was lying upon a rock.

Something snapped inside of Carter as she stared down at the plush animal, "We shouldn't be in here."

Stiles' eyebrows furrowed together, Scott growing confused as well and he was quick to question his girlfriend: "What do you mean?"

"She's not going to come back now," Carter explained, her eyes widening. "We just invaded her home." Glancing back toward her friends, she added: "Our scent's going to be everywhere - I can smell them now."

From beside Carter, Stiles questioned: "If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?"

"I don't know."