thirteen; a fight with fate

A FIGHT WITH FATE

Kali had tried her fate first.

It had been expected for her to be the one to first advance of Jennifer Blake, obvious enough by the connection the two women shared. No matter how many times Kali tried to deny it, she had been the main cause of the entire thing. She was the one who couldn't kill Jennifer, or Julia as she was known at the time, and as she lied there in complete shreds she mustered up enough strength to crawl her way toward the Nemeton. She begged for it to heal her, and for it to give her to the power to seek revenge on the man that ruined her life.

Deucalion.

Carter cowered back in Ethan's arm in attempt to get away from the brawl as she watched Jennifer Blake dodge every single swipe of claws Kali sent her way. She seemed amused by the whole situation knowing that she had the upper-hand in the fight.

Jennifer effortlessly threw Kali back so that she was now on the other side of the room, landing roughly on her chest. With Kali out of the way, Aiden began to circle around Jennifer, canines bared as he let out a growl towards the brunette. His hand went out to slash the woman's face, she had been quick to land a blow to his chest.

Ethan's lips pulled back into a snarl just before he stood up and began to unzip his jacket so that he could merge with his brother, who had been ripping his shirt from his chest. Lydia was practically merging herself with Carter as she clung to the brunette, watching as the twins linked their arms together. Just as their heads started to combine, Jennifer rushed over with her heels clacking on the ground. She wrapped her hands around both of their necks, harshly ripping them apart before sending them flying across the room.

The Darach turned around, noticing that Kali was advancing on her, but she quickly stopped her attempt. She looked at Jennifer even more, seeing the face of the woman she had known years ago - it was the same face that had been her pack's emissary. But, Kali knew that she wasn't the same person, even though she looked the same on the outside, her heart now belonged to the darkness of the Nemeton.

"That's right, Kali," Jennifer praised, staring back at Kali with equal intensity. "Look at me. Look at my face. Do you know what it takes to be able to look like this? To be able to look normal?"

"I don't care."

"It takes power," Jennifer announced. "Power like this."

Carter watched as the woman outstretched her hands, the shards of glass that had rained down from the ceiling began to shake - the ground under their feet rumbling. The shards began to rise into the air, levitating by the woman's pure will for it to do so.

The sky above looked as though it were preparing to fight its own war, the wind picked up and managed to blow all four of girls' hair around. But none of them seemed to notice, not whilst their attention was on the shards that could easily end the tragic tale of Jennifer's revenge.

Kali, in attempt to shout over the wind, gasped out with a sudden loss of air. "I - I should've - I should've ripped your head off!"

Carter's mouth gaped open when Jennifer let out a battle-cry, the glass shards shot forward and they embedded themselves deep within Kali's body. And it had been silent as Kali took her last breath before she crumbled to the ground in a heap of glass and blood.