Chapter 1 - (Y/N)

"Where are you going?" Asked a familiar voice behind (y/n). The girl turned around, pausing what she was doing. It was her older brother, Akira, who was leaning on her bedroom doorframe with his arms crossed. "Its quite late to be sneaking out, (y/n)."

The girl gave her older brother an annoyed look and rolled her eyes at him.  "Just because I'm staying at your house temporarily doesn't mean you get to boss me around. Nor does it mean that you're allowed to tell me what I can or can't do."

Akira sighs, and shuffles to (y/n)'s side, pulling her off the windowsill to refrain her from falling out the window on accident.

"I know, I'm just giving you a little warning, that's all." Akira's eyes linger elsewhere for a second, then returns his gaze to (y/n)'s eyes. "You never know what might happen to you during the nighttime. But it's not like I'm trying to stop you though. Just be careful, alright? If someone tries to attack you, use your electro vision to protect yourself."

(Y/n) smiles at her older brother's words, realizing the freedom she had just received. "Thanks Akira, and I will!" The girl hugged her older brother before swiftly, but carefully, jumping out the window. (Y/n) lands on the ground and rolls onto her feet to prevent any injuries, then starts running towards the great city of Inazuma.

~>>>>>>>>>>~<<<<<<<<<<~

Arriving at the beautifully lit city, (y/n) walks around, appreciating the beauty of the city late at night.  Although it is nighttime, there are still many people awake and wandering around the city too, either browsing around the shops, eating out, or just walking around about.

(Y/n) walks around for a while until she reached a certain part of the city. She stops in her tracks, observing the area for a moment, realizing that a festival is being set up. (Y/n) wanders around the area, checking out what the people who are setting it up have so far. Spotting a flier on a tree trunk, (y/n) walks up to it. It seemed like there was going to be a firework show tomorrow.

She lifts up her wrist, checking the time to make sure she doesn't get back at her brother's house too late. Suddenly, her stomach growls out of hunger. I suppose I did skip dinner, (Y/n) thought, maybe I should get some street food, I have time.

She starts heading back to the downtown area of the city, while simultaneously looking for her mora pouch. (Y/n) digs her hands into both her pockets, but only to find her fake ID. (Y/n) groans in annoyance and disbelief. I guess I'll have another go tonight.

(Y/n) starts running behind the buildings towards the main streets, and spots a street food vendor. Sneakily crouching around the building, (y/n) finds a backdoor. She stretches out her hand to turn the doorknob, but it's locked.

Remembering that she didn't bring her lockpick, (y/n) immediately thought of a new way to get in the building, as she silently turns around to look for an open window.

Spotting a window, (y/n) smells the delicious food, indicating that the window must be open. She cautiously crouch walks towards the window, making sure that no one sees her. (Y/n) lifts her head to see if anyone is in the building. Her eyes linger towards the kitchen, then to the serving area. There's no one here.

(Y/n) smirks mischievously and climbs into the restaurant through the window. She makes her way to the fridge, opens it, and stuffs small foods into her pockets. (Y/n) looks around the kitchen area to look for more food as she closes the fridge door. She wanders around the kitchen and finds nothing else that she would like to eat.

Silently walking back to the window, something catches her eye. It was two swords on a counter. She grabs the two swords and takes off the sheath, revealing a beautifully crafted wooden handle, and a purple blade, both swords having a different shade of purple.

(Y/n) wondered why there were two purple blades in a street food vendor, but decides to keep it anyways, not thinking much of it. She slides the sheaths back on the two blades and stuffs both in one of her inside pockets of her coat.

Continuing to out exit the building, (y/n) quietly munches on the snacks she just grabbed as she cautiously climbs out the window, and starts walking off to a cliff near the beach. She sits down on the edge of the cliff, taking out the leftover snacks out of her pocket and set them down on a rock. (Y/n) looks up at the night sky, amazed by the stars.

The sound of the waves from the ocean was music to the girl's ears. It gave her the nostalgia of home, back in Liyue.  The view of the beautiful mountains, the cheerful atmosphere, the food, the beauty of never getting caught doing bad things, everything almost. But it didn't matter to her though, because (y/n) knew that she was going back there once she gathered enough mora to board a ship to there.

After finishing her snacks, (y/n) hurriedly checks her watch. It's getting pretty late. (Y/n) stands up and starts heading back to her brothers house, leaving the mess she made at the cliff.

Arriving home, (y/n) quietly opens the front door. Spotting her big brother asleep on the couch, (y/n) silently closes the door and tiptoed upstairs where her room is. (Y/n) takes out the two swords from her coat, and places them on her desk. She plops down on her bed, somewhat exhausted from her adventure tonight. (Y/n) lazily pulled the blanket over her and rested her arm over her eyes, thinking about how much she missed home. Despite the thought, (y/n) slowly falls asleep.