Chapter 11 - (Y/N)

Heizou grabs (y/n)'s hand, gently pulling her into the room he just found. What's the deal with this guy holding my hand?

The room appeared as a mess, with the empty crate that once had the medicine being empty and knocked over, books from the shelf scattered on the floor, paired along with research papers on the floor. Yikes... guess that I did this.

"That's interesting." Heizou picks up a few papers off the floor, skimming through them, then places a few of them on the shelf; but folds one of them and places it in his pocket.

"Did this room get ransacked or something?"

"It appears so," He picks up the empty crate, inspects it, then places it on the nearby desk. "It doesn't seem intentional though — like as if the criminal was in a rush." Heizou turns to (y/n). "And if this place it still a mess, that means that the criminal was here recently today."

(Y/n) quirks a brow at him. "How'd you come to that conclusion?"

"I'm assuming that people come in these rooms on a daily basis, that's why the other rooms we examined were so neat and orderly without a spec of dust anywhere." He explains. "So that means that the criminal stole the medicine during the day."

(Y/n)'s eyes widen in realization.

"You get it now?"

She nods her head, waiting for Heizou to spill out the rest of his thoughts.

"They couldn't have snuck in through a window, since they are possible all too small for a human to fit into, and they couldn't have broken in since everything outside the building seems to be intact." Heizou mutters, placing two fingers in his chin, his eyes lingering towards the ground.

(Y/n) takes a seat on a nearby chair, spinning it around to the backside so the backrest faced her chest. She intently locks her eyes on Heizou, observing his figure. I never realized how quite the pretty boy he is, she thought. (Y/n) looked him up and down, noticing his toned but lean muscles, his subtle abs showing through his shirt, and his majestic jawline.

His crimson red hair as pretty and flowy as a river, his gleaming emerald eyes highlighting his stern, but slightly playful face in the moment. "Aha!" Heizou says, snapping his fingers in a flowy motion while turning towards (y/n), pulling her out of her thoughts. (Y/n) stares into the boy's green eyes, as he eyes her back with a satisfied smirk resting on his face.

"The criminal snuck in as a visitor." He announced, as (y/n) opened her mouth, beginning to say something.

"And to answer your question, no, the criminal couldn't have been on the inside, disguised as one of the healers here. The reason why is because in the report, it states that various medical buildings have had the same medicine stolen from them." Heizou explains, softly smiling at (y/n) and holding his hand out, gesturing for her to hold his hand.

She stands up and grasps Heizou's hand, as he leads her to the elevator. "Just keep in mind that different medical buildings have their own significant style and way of doing things. Meaning that each one has their own style of clothing and their own way of preforming their healing for their patients." He adds.

"You have quite the nimble mind, Shikanoin." (Y/n) compliments, both of them entering the elevator.

"Why thank you, sweetheart."

The elevator door closes and starts ascending as a few moments of silence pass by. "You can call me by Heizou instead of Shikanoin, you know." Heizou casually states out of the blue. "I don't mind it."

"Well I do, darling. I'll call you by your first name once we have a close friendship."

"Hmm, fair enough."

The elevator stops as the doors slowly open. Heizou leads (y/n) out of the elevator, and out into the hallway, both of them walking towards the front desk. "Excuse me, ma'am." Heizou approaches the receptionist. The receptionist looks up from her computer, "how may I help you?" She asks.

"Would you be able to show me a list of all the visitors today?"

"Now why would I let you do that?" The lady suspiciously raises her brow, oblivious to Heizou's identity.

"Well, I'm a detective." Heizou says with a smile and a hint of pride in his tone.

"Hmm. Still, no can do." The receptionist shakes her head. "You have any proof, kid?"

Heizou takes out his I.D. from his pocket and shows it to the lady, as (y/n) gently leans on the front desk, stuffing her hands in her pockets and intently watching the situation. "Is that enough proof?" Heizou questions and places his I.D. in his pocket after the receptionist processed what was on it.

"Yes, but still no." The lady arrogantly says, turning her attention back to her computer.

"Well why not?" Heizou scoffs.

The lady glances at Heizou. "Because detectives aren't worth my time. They're one of the lowest ranked Doushins. Especially ones I haven't heard of. Now scram."

Heizou glances around the floor, somewhat offended by the lady's statement. "Wait, but—!"

"I don't wanna hear any 'buts's boy, get lost! And your little girlfriend too!" The lady blurts out, pointing towards the exit.

"No, why can't you just do a simple —"

"Out." She sternly says, glaring at Heizou.

(Y/n) suddenly grabs Heizou's hand, pulling him towards the exit. "Come on, she's not worth arguing with." (Y/n) says with an inconspicuous smirk. Heizou sighs in defeat. "Even if we couldn't decipher who the criminal was, at least we got some other pieces of information." She reassures, lightly smiling at him.

"Yeah, I suppose so."

The two of them make their way outside of the medical building. "Do things like this usually happen to you, Shikanoin?"

"Sadly, yes; many people look down on me — mainly because they don't have faith in my works and doubt that I can become a famous detective."

"Ah, I see. Well don't be discouraged, I'll always support you!"

No I won't.

"Thanks, (y/n)." Heizou smiles at her. "But don't worry, I know that I'll become a famous detective in no time."

"Yeah whatever."

Heizou chuckles, as the two of them walk together in peaceful silence. "Uhm — Shikanoin?" (Y/n) turns her head in Heizou's direction. "Yes?" He responds in a sweet manner. "Where exactly are we heading now?" She questions, searching Heizou's face for any hints of the location.

"My house," Heizou enthusiastically replies, "I'm going to reward you with dinner at my place as a reward for helping me out today." He smiles brightly. "Hmm, sounds fun."

"Let's go then!" Heizou picks up the pace, dragging (y/n) with him.

Troublesome Girl || Shikanoin Heizou x Fem!Reader On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara