Chapter 10 - Heizou

"Well would you look at that," Heizou says with a satisfied sigh. He turned towards (y/n), with calm eyes and a soft smile. She fixed her gaze on Heizou.

"An elevator?" She questioned, eyes filled with curiosity, but her unamused voice betraying her.

Either she's trying to hide her condescending manner, or either she knows something about this place, Heizou thought. "I suppose so." He answers, taking hold of her hand and gently pulling her in the elevator.

"Do you have these types of things at Bubu Pharmacy too?" He subtly interrogates with a soft voice. "Yeah, something like this," (y/n) replies as the elevator doors close and gradually starts descending.

She stuffs her other hand in her pocket and leans against the elevator walls, lifting her gaze towards the ceiling, Heizou locking his eyes on her figure as a few silent seconds pass.

"But this is different from ours. I expected something like this, but not a riddle and an elevator." She adds, turning her eyes to Heizou and meeting his gaze. So maybe thats why.

"That's cool." Heizou dismisses the conversation.

The elevator door comes to a sudden stop, as the doors slowly open.

"Alright then," he says, lightly tugging on (y/n)'s hand. "Let's go!"

Heizou swiftly begins scanning through the shelves, looking for any clues while (y/n) detaches from him. Looking through the shelves of countless rare and expensive medicines, a sudden thud alarms his senses.

He peeks around the corner of the shelf he was previously looking through, hearing a tired groan coming from the ground. "(Y/n)?" He calls out, walking towards the area where he heard the sound from.

"Are you alright?" He says, only to be met with (y/n) still face planted against the ground. He snickers at (y/n) as she turns over onto her back. "It's not funny!" She wines. "This is the second time I fell today."

"Aw, poor princess." Heizou teases, smirking, extending his hand to help her up, rolling his eyes in a playful way. (Y/n) grasps onto his hand, as something caught Heizou's eye.

Heizou abruptly pulls his hand away from (y/n)'s. "Shikanoin!" She screams in terror, her back once again meeting the ground with a loud thud and an 'oomph.' She muttered something under her breath, but Heizou didn't care enough to actually listen at the moment, knowing that (y/n) was okay.

Walking over towards the corner of the room, Heizou observed the area, occasionally touching some interior along the way. He spots a small, well hidden lever on the lower part of the wall.

I guess the criminal didn't care enough to fully cover up the evidence, judging by the appearance of this area.

"What'd you find?" (Y/n) asks, picking herself up off the floor, walking towards Heizou, putting her hand on his shoulder and peeking over it to see what he was looking at. "Most likely another hidden room." He walks towards the lever, pulling it downwards, revealing a secluded room.