Chapter 5 - (Y/N)

(Y/n) watches the crimson haired boy walk off towards the beach from afar, still hiding behind a tree. That was the boy from this morning — Shikanoin Heizou, was it? I've never heard of him before, maybe he's a new detective of the Tenryou Commission. Loud booms from the fireworks echo throughout Chinju Forrest from the distance, snapping (y/n) out of her thoughts.

She whips out her wrist, checking her watch. Shit. (Y/n) resumes running deeper into the forrest, still pondering about the encounter with Heizou. He's going to be a problem later. Approaching the end of the forrest near a cliff, (y/n) spots a small, cozy inn.

Knocking on the front door, (y/n) was met by a lady who looked like she was in her late.50's. "Hello," The lady greets (y/n), "are you checking in for the night?" The lady grins at her. "No, sorry — I'm just here to rest by the fireplace for a bit, along with some herbal tea and a book." (Y/n) replies, gently smiling at the lady.

The lady shoots (y/n) an inconspicuous mischievous grin, narrowing her eyes at (y/n) and slightly raising her brow. "Alright, but you've got to pay a bit first." The lady puts her hand out, signaling for (y/n) to give her mora. (Y/n) digs inter her pockets, pulling out the mora pouch she stole from earlier and hands it to the lady. "Alright, follow me, dear." The lady grins and gestures (y/n) to come inside, leading her to a small room near the back of the inn.

"Enjoy your visit, honey." The lady closes the door behind (y/n), leaving her in a small library, with nothing but a cozy fireplace in the center of the room to dimly light up the dark room. (Y/n) examines the bookshelves, looking for a certain maroon colored book.

Seeming to find the book, (y/n) opens the middle of it, finding a small wooden box carved into the pages. Opening the box, she takes out a small silver key, putting the book back where she found it, and walking over to the fireplace.

(Y/n) moves the decorations off the fireplace, finding a small, well-disguised keyhole. She slides the key in and turns it, hearing a subtle click from the chairs facing the fireplace. Turning her attention towards the chairs, (y/n) notices a lever beside one of the them. She sits on the chair, pulling the lever backwards, making the chair descend underground.

As the chair reached the ground, (y/n) spots a cube puzzle in a pond of water along the pathway towards a door at the end of the room. Looking around the room, (y/n) finds a camouflaged lever on the wall behind the chair. She pulls the small lever downwards, revealing a narrow passageway and swiftly jogs through it.

Reaching the end of the path, (y/n) is greeted with a few nobushi that were huddled up in a circle. One of them shifts their gaze on (y/n), patting on his buddies' backs, signaling that someone's here as they all stood up straight to face (y/n).

"Alright, I have your stupid medicine. Now give me the stuff." She demands, tossing a small bag to the nobushi. The ringleader of the three nobushi checks the mora pouches, occasionally glancing at his comrades beside him. "This isn't what how much asked for. We said 30 bottles, not 5." The ringleader sternly says.

(Y/n) scoffs in disbelief. "What the hell. You specifically said 5 bottles the last time we met up." The leader hands the mora pouches to his comrades, as they both stuff it in their pockets. "Well maybe you heard wrong. Do you still want the stuff or not?"

"No, I don't." (Y/n) sarcastically remarks as a brief moment of silence occurs. She angrily groans, rolling her eyes. The ringleader quirks a brow at her, signaling that he doesn't give two shits.

(Y/n) narrows her eyes at the nobushi, visibly annoyed. "Ugh, fine!" She snaps. "How long until the deadline for the payment?"

"Two weeks from now, at this exact time. But you don't have to do it all at once, you can come here and bring small amounts at a time." The ringleader replies as (y/n) checks her watch. "And don't be late next time, or you won't get the mora."

"Fine! Whatever." (Y/n) calls out while storming off.

~>>>>>>>>>>~<<<<<<<<<<~

Returning to the festival, (y/n) walks around, trying to cool her head off, while enjoying the the lively festival. As she does, she caught sight the same crimson haired boy, Shikanoin Heizou, from earlier, walking around with a friend. Heizou seemed to recognize her, and departs from his friend. He starts walking up to (y/n), keeping his eyes focused on her.

(Y/n) averts her gaze from Heizou, attempting to evade from the area as soon as possible. "Not so fast, miss." Heizou says, pulling (y/n)'s wrist, making her face him. "We still have some unfinished business to fulfill." (Y/n) blankly stares at Heizou, looking at her wrist, where Heizou's hand was resting, then back to his face.

"Well I'm afraid that I can't give you your conclusion to your business with me." (Y/n) states, gently pulling off Heizou's hand off her wrist, and stuffs her hands in her pockets, slowly turning to walk away. "Hey, wait." Heizou softly sighs, shuffling in front of (y/n) to block her way.

(Y/n) stops in her tracks, looking at Heizou in the eyes with a poker face. "I have reason to suspect that you've stolen from that earlier."

She sighs, as Heizou crosses his arms, keeping his gaze on her. "Like I said, I was helping the kind man who was running the shop." She explains, shrugging her shoulders. "Then why did you run away and put a blade to my neck, Hmm?" Heizou interrogates.

"Because that man who runs the shop is very dear to me, and he asked me to grab something that was personal to him from his desk. You can even pat me down if you want to check for anything." (Y/n) closes her eyes, taking her hands out of her pockets holding them up near her ears as Heizou gently pats her down. "See? I didn't steal anything."

"Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for that part. But that doesn't explain putting a blade to my neck, don't you think?" He asks, still skeptical of (y/n). "Well I put a blade to your neck because when you started following me, I thought that you were going to harm me. I did it as self defense in my perspective." She replies, sliding her hands back into her pockets.

The two of them stayed silent for a moment, staring at each other, with one of them being in deep thought. "Alright, I'll let this one slide just once." Heizou sighs in defeat, finally speaking up. "But if I do catch you in the act again, I won't hesitate to assume that you've done something bad."

A smug smile rests in his face, as (y/n) squints her eyes at him. I knew he was going to be trouble later. "Yeah, whatever. Do what you want." She mutters under her breath. "Will you at least give me your name as payment for letting this situation slide?" Heizou playfully wines. "Hmm.. pick a number from 1 to 3." (Y/n) displays three fingers in front of Heizou, half-heartedly smiling.

"Why?"

"Just pick one dammit."

"Fine, I pick 2." Heizou raises his brow.

(Y/n) smirks, softly chuckling, and walks up close to Heizou, putting a hand on his shoulder. "The name's (c/n), I'm sure you've heard of me before." She whispers in Heizou's ear, still smirking. "Now have a good rest of your festival night with your friend, I'm sure he's waiting for you. Goodnight, Shikanoin Heizou."

(Y/n) gleefully and swiftly walks away, not even giving Heizou a glance when he calls out to her.