Chapter 8 - Heizou

"May I take your order, sir?" The waitress asks Heizou as he sips on his glass of water, turning his attention away from the case files and onto the waiter.

"Uhm, yes — Would I be able to just order udon noodles, or does it come with sides?" Heizou neatly places the case files back into the folder while scanning through the restaurant's menu.

"Nope, your all good. No sides included for this dish." The waitress happily replies, writing down Heizou's order on a small notepad. "Would you like to order anything else?"

"No, that's all. Thank you." Heizou says, giving the waitress a friendly smile while handing the menu to him.

The waitress walks away, scurrying towards the kitchen. Heizou sighs, zoning out while frantically playing with the straw in his glass of water.

Ever since Heizou met (c/n), he had been thinking nonstop about that encounter with her. He was trying to figure out what her intentions where at that night, where she went after he lost her in the woods, and moreover, what she did with the stolen mora pouch.

He knows that (c/n) probably doesn't have anything to do with his current case because she seemed like nothing but a simple thief. But as Heizou knows, looks can deceive one's eyes.

Even Hikaru said that the infamous (c/n) has done quite a lot of bad things, but Heizou doubts that for now; but still keeping the thought at the back of his head just in case.

Heizou clears his thoughts, placing his hand on his cheek and resting his head on it while looking around the restaurant and sipping on his water. Amongst the crowds, Heizou spots a familiar face.

It was the girl whom he met during the day before the festival started. She and her friend were following a waitress who seemed to be heading towards Heizou's table (Heizou sat at one of those big high counter tables in the middle of the restaurant; they're meant for smaller parties.)

"Here you are, miss." The waitress smiles at the girl, pointing towards the two empty chairs next to Heizou, handing the the girl two menus as the two girls sit down. "Would you ladies like anything to drink?" The waitress asks.

"One water, and one apple juice please." The girl's friend answers. "Alright, I'll be back soon." The waitress says, then walks off towards the kitchen.

The girl's friend looks through the menu, while the girl with (h/c) hair observes the crimson haired boy next to them.

(A/n)
Also mb I don't think I rlly mentioned this in the other chapter but ur wearing a disguise in this chapter. So Heizou doesn't recognize u as (c/n) in this chapter.

Heizou glances at the girl staring at him, then smirks. "Fallen for my charms already, I see." He turns his head to fully face the girl as she narrows her eyes narrows in slight distraught.

"Quite the coincidence to meet you again." The girl says, shooting Heizou a half smile as the (h/c) haired girl's friend curiously turned her attention to who her companion was talking to.

"Hmm, 'coincidence' is a nice word, but unfortunately, as a detective myself, I don't believe in coincidences." Heizou states as the girl softly chuckles. "Wow, you never told me that you were a detective or doushin or whatever when we met — Why don't you believe in coincidences?"