Chapter 9 - (Y/N)

"So how long have you been a detective for, Shikanoin?" (Y/n) asks as Heizou gently pulled her along by her hand to one of the assigned medical buildings.

"Not that long actually — only for about half a year by now." He answers. "Say, you don't look or sound like your from Inazuma."

"Well, I live in Liyue Harbor, so I have a different accent than Inazumans. Currently, I'm just staying with my older brother until I decide to leave." (Y/n) says, softly smiling at Heizou. "Ah, I see then."

A moment of peaceful silence passes as the two both start approaching the medical building.

(Y/n) fidgets with her fingers, realizing that this is the same medical building that she just stole from, with her eyes lingering towards the ground. Her head was filled with anxious thoughts, as she zoned out while Heizou led her towards the building.

Heizou seems to sense (y/n)'s sudden mood change, and turns his head to look at her, and stops in their tracks. "Is something bothering you?" He questions, attempting to get a good look at (y/n)'s face.

She quickly looks away, not wanting Heizou to see through her emotions, as she swiftly thinks of an excuse.

She didn't want him to find out that she's the one who stealing the medicine, just not yet. "No, no. I'm okay." (Y/n) softly says, quickly changing her worried expression to a sad smile.

"It's just that one of my close friends are being hospitalized here." (Y/n) improvised, turning her gaze to meet Heizou's. Hopefully he believes that... it was a pretty lame excuse.

"I'm sorry to hear that, (y/n). Let's hope he recovers then!" Heizou reassures her. "Yeah, let's hope he recovers." (Y/n) echos as they both enter the building.

"Are you two, perhaps, the detectives that the Tenryou Commission sent to investigate the stolen medicine?" The receptionist asks, looking up from his computer. "Yes, indeed." Heizou answers.

"Alright then, you two can just head down the hall, take a right all the way to the end of the hall, then a left; there you should see room 601, where all of our medicine in located." The receptionist points towards the door on his right, next to the front desk. Huh, interesting.

"Thank you, sir."

"My pleasure."

(Y/n) and Heizou start making their way to the room, as Heizou detaches his hand from (y/n)'s, both walking together in silence.

"So, (y/n)," Heizou breaks the silence.

(Y/n) fixes her eyes on Heizou, his gaze meeting her's.

"Tell me a bit about yourself — what do you for a living?"

"Hmm, well," (y/n) glances around the hallway, quickly thinking of another lie. "I work at Bubu Pharmacy, back in Liyue Harbor." She answers.

"That's nice, so then you must be very familiar with medicine." Heizou comments, lightly smiling.

"Not really, actually. I just somewhat started working there a few months ago."

(Y/n) and Heizou approach room 601, as Heizou opens the door for (y/n). "Ladies first," He says, politely bowing and holding the door open with his foot. "And if I'm a man?" (Y/n) jokingly says, chuckling, as they both walk into the room.

"Well your feminine features strike out more than your muscular ones." He replies. (Y/n) laughs at his comment, as Heizou grins in response. "And your feminine side shows way more than me currently." (Y/n) says.

Heizou's grin fades into a frown, then scoffs with a smirk, in a jokingly manner. "Darling, won't that make me a pretty boy then?" Heizou says.

"And won't that make me a pretty girl then?" (Y/n) mocks him, rolling her eyes, tilting her head, and placing a hand on her cheek.