Chapter 12 - Heizou

"Alright, come on in." Heizou says, closing the door behind him, then leading (y/n) to the kitchen table. "This is quite the cozy place, Shikanoin. It's surprising." (Y/n) states, whispering the last part.

(The house had a simple decor and set up. The living room having a comforting fireplace with an 'L' couch placed in front of it, surround by bookshelves on the sides, and a few other small decorations around. )

(The kitchen had a kitchen counter and table, the counter placed in front of the cookery stuff and the table near a window with two pairs of chairs on both sides. In the middle of the two places, held a hallway across from the genkan at the entrance, most likely leading to Heizou's bedroom and whatnot.)

"I heard that last part, honey. But besides that, thank you, I had a friend of mine design it." Heizou brags while grabbing a few ingredients from the cupboard and placing them on the kitchen counter. "That explains the nice interior."

"Yup. Also, (y/n), are you up for dessert?" He asks, digging through his cabinet for a pan.

"Of course!" She replies. "Plus, I'm still somewhat full from lunch earlier."

"Alrighty then!" He exclaims. "Do you like Taiyaki?"

(Y/n) chuckles, "who wouldn't?"

Heizou smiles, the resumes taking out the needed materials and throwing them in the cooking pot, as he feels (y/n)'s gentle gaze on him. "Fallen for my charms already?" Heizou teases. "Yeah," She replies, seeming burst her thought bubble. "Can't help but look at a pretty boy make dessert for me."

Heizou, slightly caught off guard with her reply, was left speechless, then smirks, finishing up making the dessert. (Y/n) quietly giggles, amused by Heizou's reaction.

"Dessert is ready!" Heizou enthusiastically announces. He places the the taiyaki on a big plate, then brings it to the kitchen table. "Ooh, that smells good." (Y/n) reaches for the taiyaki, and taking a bite out of it. Heizou watches her eat the dessert, amused, slowly eating his.

"Hey (y/n),"

(Y/n) turns her attention to Heizou, looking at him, gesturing for him to continue.

"Would you kindly accept my request on helping me with my case?"

"Sure! I don't mind." (Y/n) cheerfully says while taking another bite.

"Alright, tomorrow meet me here first thing in the morning."

(Y/n) nods, silent peaceful seconds pass by, as the two ate their food. Suddenly (y/n) slams her hands on the table. Heizou jumps in his chair, startled by the sudden action. "Crap!" (Y/n) says, packing up her things. "I almost forgot."

Heizou quirks a brow at her, deciding to not question her actions. "Sorry Shikanoin!" (Y/n) calls out, making her way to the genkan and putting on her shoes. "I have to meet up with someone." (Y/n) opens the door, and starts to rush out.

"Wait, (y/n)!" Heizou blurts out. (Y/n) pauses, and peeks her head around the corner to see Heizou. "Meet me here tomorrow at sunrise, if you can."

"Alright," she hums, turning her attention to the door, "I'll see you tomorrow then — bye, Shikanoin!"

Heizou silently watches her run off in the distance from the window, a smile crept on his face. "Alright, guess it's time to get back to work." He mutters, grabbing the last taiyaki and stuffing it in his mouth, as he walks to his work space in the room next to the hallway.