Chapter 7 - (Y/N)

Vigilantly watching the medical building from a small hill from afar, (y/n) is quickly snapped out of her thoughts by a tap on the shoulder. She turns around, facing her friend, Kobayashi Kanna. "Hey," she whispers, softly smiling at (y/n). (Y/n) quietly groans, then rolls her eyes. "You're late again."

"Yeah, sorry." Kanna apologizes, squatting down next to (y/n). "Something came up with my older brother." She sighs as (y/n) quirks a brow. "Hikaru?"

"Yeah, I had to help him out with a some trouble he caused."

"Ah, I see." (Y/n) turns her eyes back to the medical building.

"So what's the plan?" Kanna asks, pulling out a pair of small binoculars from her bag. (Y/n) pulls out a sketched map from her pocket of the medical building of the inside and outside. "You have the rope, correct?" (Y/n) sought. "Er—" Kanna hesitates, averting her eyes from (y/n)'s gaze. "About that..." She guiltily chuckles while scratching the back of her head. (Y/n) sighs, turning her attention back to explaining the plan. "Fine, scratch that idea then."

"Sorry about that, (y/n)." Kanna apologizes. "It's fine, just listen now." (Y/n) begins, dismissing the conversation and putting the sketched map back into pocket. "For plan B, we walk in the building, acting as close friends of a sick patient — and I've already planted someone in the building as an informant for us. Once we get into their room, they'll tell us where the medicine is located. From then on, we sneak into the room where the medicine is, and you'll be on the lookout for anyone coming into the room as I grab the treasure." (Y/n) smiles at Kanna, gesturing a thumbs up. "Sound like a plan?"

Kanna smiles back, nodding her head in response. "But what's the escape plan?" Kanna lightly furrows her brows,  and squinting her eyes. "Well, we'll just have to either climb out of the window if there is one, or go back the way we came from." (Y/n) ponders on the idea, thinking of other various ways to escape without being caught. "Or just go with the flow and improvise as we escape." She shrugs, flashing Kanna a half smile.

"Alright then," Kanna says, following (y/n) as they both make their way towards the medical building. "But if we get caught from your lazily thought out escape route then I'll literally kill you." Kanna exaggerates playfully. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." (Y/n) semi-ignores Kanna's comment as they both walk into the entrance of the building.

"Hello, are you two young ladies here to see a patient today?" The receptionist asks with a a friendly smile on her face as (y/n) and Kanna approach the front desk. "Yes." (y/n) replies. "We're here to see Okada Makoto."

"Okay," The receptionist frantically searches for the name on her computer. "And what is your relationship with Mr.Okada?" She asks. "We're his close friends." (Y/n) replies, checking her watch.

"May I ask how old you both are?" She questions.

"I am 19, and she is 17." (Y/n) says while pointing to Kanna who was raising a brow at (y/n). "I'm being her chaperone for this the visit if you don't mind."

The receptionist lightly smiles. "No, not at all. That'd be great." A brief moment of silence occurs as the receptionist checks something on her computer.

"Alright then, follow me." The receptionist finally requests as she stood up from her chair and started to walk towards the doors beside the front desk.

"Hey, (y/n)." Kanna whispers in (y/n)'s ear.

"What's up?" (Y/n) turns her gaze to Kanna.

"Why'd you use our actual ages?" Kanna quietly whines.

(Y/n) softly chuckles. "Just for the fun of it."

"Here you go, darlings. Have a fun visit!" The receptionist exclaims after reaching the room, then starts heading back towards the front desk.