New Feelings

Chapter 7

"Isn't this simply the best?!" Mahika stated sarcastically as she stared at the sky.

Beside her, stood Meera, her best friend, who also stared at the sky and gave a long sigh. "Indeed, it is. It is so hard to find love these days."

Mahika slowly turned her head and looked at her friend quizzically. She flicked Meera's forehead and said, "I'm not talking about love you idiot!"

Meera who had a frown etched upon her face due to the terribly hurtful flick over her forehead replied, "Then why were you staring at the sky?"

"I was talking about the weather my dearest. The weather!"

Meera gave a sheepish smile to her friend. "Yes, yes. The weather! Wait, what is wrong with the weather?"

Mahika's eyes turned into slits. "I know you don't have a brain. But eyes too?! When did you lose your eyes?!"

"Why are you so mean to me all the time?!" Meera pouted.

"Oh my god! I'm so done with you now!" With that, Mahika walked into the hotel with the rest of the team following her.

Meera walked towards where the receptionist sat and said, "Good evening! I'm Mahika from Interiors and we've come to look around in the hotel to move forward with our project. When can we expect Mr. Abhimaan to come by?"

A manly voice made her turn her head. "I'm right here."

Mahika took a deep breath and muttered, "And so the devil arrives."

In an instant she changed her disdained expression to one full of cheerfulness and spoke, "Oh hello sir!" and then brought her hand out for a handshake.

Abhimaan took note of her fake greeting. He, in fact also took note of how good she looked. Her choice of clothes accentuated her curves, enough for Abhimaan to notice them and then keep staring at them until he heard a throat clear.

He averted his eyes in a casual manner as if he hadn't been caught in 3K staring at his wife's waist. He looked over at Mahika, who was staring at him with her eyebrows raised.

"Are you ready to take the rounds sir?" Mahika spoke icily.

Abhimaan nodded and gestured her to take his lead.

"You two seem to be acting well." Mahika heard somebody whisper in her ear. She shrieked and whipped her head towards the source of the voice and groaned to see Meera looking at her, blinking her eyes away as if she didn't just scare her best friend.

"What do you mean by acting?"

"Well, you know, you both, husband and wife, are acting well enough for people not to know that you both are together."

Mahika sighed. She looked around to make sure nobody was listening to their conversation, and said, "Yeah well, we don't have to make any extra efforts to act. We are doing exactly what we normally do at home. We keep bantering and cursing at each other, or glare, or whatever. We don't go around kissing and tearing each other's clothes to be in close proximity."

Meera scoffed and sarcastically commented, "So that means you stare at each other's waists and eyes? Yeah, because that is totally normal."

Mahika rolled her eyes and gave her best friend a slight push but Meera being the over dramatic one acted like she was deeply hurt. "You really are so cruel!"