What Happened That Night...

Recap

Aadit had asked for Mahi's help, but Mahi was frustrated at him and started talking to herself in the room which was when Aadit entered. From then on, their conversation began. Mahika stayed up late at the hotel although their part wasn't written in the previous chapter. So, their part is in continuation to Chapter 7. Mahika's colleague and Abhimaan's employee, Vinay, was trying to flirt with her, which lead to a surge of jealousy within Abhimaan. Isha and Abhiraj had gone to attend Isha's parents' business party. She interacted with her best friend Viraj and Abhiraj got jealous. Taranya and Arjun were also attending a business party and they were questioned eagerly about their marriage. Arjun acted as if he was in love with his wife. Although Taranya was well aware of his actions, she still felt a surge of new feelings. 

Chapter 9

"The situation involves you. I don't think lying would be all that easy!"

Aadit gave his infamous smirk. What is with these men always smirking? Do they imagine themselves to be starring in a movie?

"Well, it only depends as to how you take the situation on hand."

Mahi scrunched her eyebrows and motioned for him to continue.

Aadit took a deep sigh and suddenly turned serious. "You see Mahi, I'm in some trouble. I wouldn't have told you about it in the first place, but since I really need your help, I am forced to ask you for help."

Mahi rolled her eyes. Did he even want her help?!

"Somebody's blackmailing me."

Mahi's eyes shot up! She screeched, "What?!"

Wincing, Aadit closed his eyes irritatedly, "Could you be any louder!?"

Ignoring his sarcastic reply, she continued, "Who is it?"

"I don't know", Aadit shrugged.

Another screech busted his eardrums. "How can you be so normal about it?"

"I'm a very macho man Mahi. Nobody can bring me down easily." Aadit lied through his teeth. He acted completely nonchalant, as if he hadn't gone running straight upto his brother.

Mahi gave him a look of deadpan and said, "If we've got to lie for this then maybe you should learn to lie don't you think?"

He rolled his eyes. Of course, how could he keep any such thing away from her. That darn mind reading psycho obviously knew what he was thinking of.

"Yes, I read your mind."

Aadit's eyes widened with astonishment. "How did you do that?!"

"I chase rats every morning and cut their legs. Then I rub their legs with a pigeon's feather. This gives me the availability to read minds." Mahi said with a dead serious face.

Aadit's eyes widened but on seeing his wife's crack a smile, he glared at her.

"So, you were saying you are macho?" She said sarcastically.

"Before this discussion went so rudely down the hill, I was saying that I have no idea who this blackmailer is but I did find some traces." Aadit took a deep breath and continued, "The call that I received was apparently from your clinic. This was either done purposefully to shift my attention towards you because you work there and believe that you could be the one who is threatening me. But I know for a fact that it isn't you."

Out of nowhere, Mahi started laughing.

"So, it depends upon you yourself as to when I'm nice and can be trusted and when I suddenly become deceiving enough to trick your family into marrying me off to you? Right. Got it. I'll keep that in mind next time you come questioning my character."