Pain

Recap

Aadit tried to apologise to Mahi for his wrongful behaviour while she was plating the prasad for the pooja. Abhiraj wanted to ask Isha for a favour but found it difficult to ask her because he was usually rude to her. Also there was a sense of awkwardness between the two for they had met at the Ramakrishnan wedding surpringly. Arjun was frustrated with work and shouted at Tanranya which left her heart broken. Mahika and Abhimaan were surpsingly being nice to eachother.

----------------------
Chapter 11
----------------------

"Are you happy?"

Isha's hand froze in mid air and her mouth was left open to take a bite of her chocolate ice-cream.

Not to be too conspicuous, she tried to hide that she was caught off guard, and quickly finished her bite.

"Happy about what Viraj?"

Viraj gave her a look of deadpan and raised his eyebrows as if indicating that she already knew what he was talking about.

Isha tried to hide it and shrugged her shoulders, when in fact she had all the idea about what exactly he was talking about.

"Well, you know-", Viraj took a pause to take a bite and then continued, "Abhiraj."

Isha thought Viraj would get the hint that maybe she was trying to not talk about him purposefully. But she had known him for 16 years and needless to say, Viraj always gets what he wants.

In a sheer act of desperation, Isha tried to stare at the waitress who stood three tables before her. Maybe she would get the hint?

Now what kind of stare should she give her?

Help!!! This man is harassing me?

Nah. That is too harsh.

..

What if-?

Okay no. She couldn't do that.

"Would you like to order something ma'am?"

Isha's foggy brain took time to settle to the normal surroundings around her.

She shook her head, confused why she would come to the table.

"Oh, sorry. It's just you were staring at me so you know-", she shrugged and continued, "maybe you wanted to order something." The waitress gave her a pointed stare at the end.

Oh.

Oh.

OH.

So those stares do work!!

"Oh no no no! Everything's alright." Isha gave her a thumbs up. She gave her a pointed look too, as if trying to convey the fact that she knew what she was talking about.

The waitress nodded and walked away.

Isha looked back, only to find Viraj staring at her with a very perplexed expression.

"What the hell just happened?! You both were literally talking through your eyes. Should I be like, concerned?"

"Concerned about what?"

Viraj groaned and replied, "Why do I have to explain everything to you!"

Isha gave him a look of distaste.