Lies

Chapter 8

Recap:

Mahika goes to Abhimaan's hotel for the project. On seeing Mahika speak to his employee, Vinay, he burns with jealousy, but he refuses to acknowledge the envy he is burning with. Taranya tried to get her work done but is unable to do so. So, she tries distracting herself by putting away the clothes strewn away, which were mostly Arjun's. She opens his cupboard without his permission and thus when he walks into the room, she gets scared and starts apologising. She flinches when he shouts at her to stay calm, but she runs away. Mahi was tending to her patient but Aadit walks in and disturbs her, demanding her to help him spy over someone. She gets angered up because he has always treated her horribly. Isha and Abhiraj got an invite for a business dinner to her parents' place. But Isha wasn't informed, so he calmly and softly explains her which shocks himself because he has never spoken so nicely to someone, especially to his wife.  

And this is the aftermath. 

-----------------------

Taranya didn't know what to say. She was sitting amongst a group of ladies who were chatting about expensive brands and the pure silk saaris that they had recently bought. They were gossiping about failed marriages and making fun of the women who were left without any explanation by their respective so-called husbands.

Ironically, the biggest example of a failed marriage was sitting right in front of them. Although that was something that they didn't have any idea of and shouldn't be knowing any time in the near future of this lifetime.

Needless to say, she was officially stuck amongst an obnoxious group of women for the rest of the night.

Taranya didn't expect this business dinner to be any different to the events she had attended with Arjun before. Though, the only difference about this particular event was how her husband had cornered her against the wall forcefully and informed her about this business dinner.

She was trying to avoid him as much as she could after how he shouted at her earlier during the day. She also couldn't seem to understand how and why he was bringing up some topic to converse with her. He had never in the almost one year of their marriage gone out of his way to talk to her because to be extremely precise, Arjun Ranawat simply hates talking.

Unlike the other business parties she had attended, this dinner in particular only included a few couples. It wasn't a full-fledged event because it was specifically confined to the few associates who had participated in the Germany deal.

"So, Arjun, we finally got to meet your wife." Some Malhotra guy, was he? – said.

Taranya hadn't been exposed to a lot of parties. She had only ever attended a few. The Ranawat daughters-in-law were kept in the shadows for the sake of their privacy, which was one thing the four women appreciated greatly.

Arjun smirked and held Taranya's hand in his. "Well, what can I say, I wanted to keep this precious gem of mine all to myself."

Lies. Lies. Lies.

Mr. Malhotra chuckled and said, "Ah! The mystical beauty and fireworks of a young marriage! How I miss that!"

"I can assure you sir, this fated holy bond and its fireworks will never cease to exist in this and the next infinite lifetimes." Arjun slowly gazed into Taranya's eyes as he said this.

Lies. Lies. Lies.

It all seemed too real to people. They were slowly getting better at this staged performance.