chapter 5

(Ritsuka fujimaru pov)

"Interesting, you chose short swords as your weapon," Artoria remarked, clearly surprised by my choice. 'Did he summon his weapon out of nowhere? And those short swords are not normal weapons. I can sense a similar feeling from them,' she thought to herself.

"Yes, and the reason why I chose these weapons is because only these daggers, and another demon sword, can withstand my darkness art technique, but I'd like to try these daggers now," I clarified. The weapons I create with my mana can withstand to some extent, but I can't perform my technique properly with them.

Or I need to learn blacksmithing to create the my own best swords. If only I could summon a skilled swordsmith in future.

The Altered Saber began to advance "Then you must prepare yourself." raising her own sword, she pointed it towards me "With this blade, I shall deem whether your words are true or false." She started to raise her aura but she saw a knight appeared beside me and stopped 

Igris emerged from my shadow and addressed me, "My Liege, you can leave this to me."

"Igris, if I relied too much on my summons, then my instincts would become softer, you see," I replied, as Fou jumped on Igris from me.

For a brief moment, silence permeated the battlefield, allowing the crackle of fire and the whistling air to take over.

And as soon as it had come to be, the silence disappeared.

King Arthur let out a battle cry, Excalibur engulfed in reddish darkness as she charged forward.

The final battle had now truly begun.

I took a step forward with my daggers and started to release my aura. With a kick to the ground, I dashed forward.

"Quicksilver!" I exclaimed.

I ran fast, closing the distance between us. She and everyone else were surprised.

"Darkness Slash!"

Dozens upon dozens of dark energy flickered and descended on Artoria, but her armor allowed her to withstand the attack and block a few strikes.

Slice, slice, slice, slice!

Her armor cracked, and her helmet broke. I saw her beautiful golden eyes, but they lacked life and light. She seemed cold and emotionless.

'She has good resistance,' I thought to myself.

She attacked me with her sword, and I blocked, retaliating with my left dagger. She blocked it, and our weapons clashed together. We started to move, our attacks so fast that no one could see us with the naked eye. The ground was destroyed beneath us due to the impact of our fight and the shockwaves from our attacks.

"Are you kidding me? Even after enchanting my eyes with mana, I still can't see them?" Olga exclaimed to Tamamo and Caster Cu, who were watching from afar.

"I can barely see them," Tamamo replied, amazed at our fight.

"I can see them, but if only I was summoned in my lancer version. I would love to fight Ritsuka. And I bet he wasn't going all out," Cu Caster said, his blood boiling with the desire to battle, despite being a caster, much to his disappointment.

"Wait! He's holding back?" Olga exclaimed in shock.

"Director, Ritsuka Fujimaru is not using any powers or magic. He's just using his pure skills and strength," Romani explained through the communication screen. "But if this fight drags on—"

"You don't have to worry about my Liege, WEAKLING," Beru interjected.

"E-eh?" Romani recoiled as if he had been struck, before slumping in his chair. "W-weakling... I've been called a weakling by an ant…" he mumbled, his expression downcast and somewhat despondent for a few moments. He inhaled and then looked back up, trying his best to build up his confidence again, while Da Vinci laughed at him.