ch8. new servants

(In A Dream)

(Ritsuka fujimaru pov)

I slowly opened my eyes, finding myself in a place entirely unfamiliar. As I blinked away the remnants of sleep, confusion set in.

'Where was I?'

The last thing I remembered was drifting off to sleep in my own room, but now I found myself in an entirely different environment.

Then I saw a beautiful ocean stretches out, the majestic ocean sprawls out, its azure waters shimmering under the radiant sun. The soft sand, like powdered gold, stretches as far as the eye can see, forming the perfect canvas for nature's masterpiece. Above, the boundless blue sky stretches out, its clear expanse uninterrupted by even the slightest wisp of cloud, painting a picture of pure serenity. Nestled along the shoreline, a rustic wooden table and two chairs stand poised, their arrangement suggesting an invitation to pause and savor the beauty of the moment, to bask in the harmonious symphony of sea, sand, and sky. It's a scene that captures the essence of tranquility, a sanctuary where time slows down and every sense is awakened by the captivating allure of the natural world.

I don't know what's going on, but I went and sat on the chair.

I felt different than before; it's like I can think without the influence of my Teenage Brain.

I see, then this is a dream or illusion casted by a powerful caster.

"Why don't you come out and introduce yourself," I said with no emotions or feelings in my tone.

"Fufu, you don't have any patience, do you? I'm just observing you, Ruler of darkness," I heard a voice from behind, resembling that of a woman in her mid-30s.

She came and sat on another seat.

For some reason, I couldn't see her face or her soul. It was as if she was in front of me, yet at the same time, she wasn't.

'Is she speaking to me from another dimension?' I thought.

"Ritsuka Fujimaru, nice to meet you. I'm called by many names, but I go by Alaya," she said, and two tea cups appeared out of nowhere. I took a sip of the tea. It tasted normal, like a fake product.

She was powerful but couldn't make a decent cup of tea with magic. Atleast I can do that.

Not only her tea is fake, even her expressions in her voice is FAKE, It was as if she was mimicking human emotions.

"I see, Alaya. Is that the Alaya from the Alaya and Gaia story?" I asked, recalling something I had seen in Olga's memories.

"Fufufu, interesting indeed," she replied. "You know of me, but I must clarify that while I may represent Alaya, I am not Alaya herself. I am merely a messenger."

"Why should I believe you?" I challenged. "Perhaps you are an enemy. If not, then let us make an Oath of Faith. Neither of us can lie to each other," I proposed, aiming to extract information from her while ensuring she couldn't deceive me. And I can also alter truth about me to her.

Suddenly, a screen appeared before her.

{King of Death, Shadow Monarch, used the Oath of Faith.

If you accept the Path of Faith, then neither the Caster nor the acceptor can lie to each other.

Yes/Yes}

I didn't give her a chance to disagree with me.

She appeared shocked but eventually accepted after a few minutes.

{Oath of Faith is accepted.

The Caster and acceptor cannot lie to each other unless both parties agree to annul the oath.}