Dan

"Dan?" I shout from our bedroom as I have dress after dress piled onto the floor.

"What?" He sighs as he pokes his head into the room.

"I don't know what dress to wear tonight." I say.

"Just pick one I don't think it really matters."

"Yes it does." I say.

"No it doesn't. Who are you trying to impress?" He asks.

"No one but I always like to look good."

"Just pick one. I've got to leave to the airport soon." He sighs looking at his watch.

"What? I thought you were here until tomorrow night?" I ask in shock.

"Yea I had to change my flight I got called in to go into a meeting tomorrow but have fun out partying tonight." He says as he starts stuffing clothes into his suitcase.

So far Dan and I have been able to make things work with my schedule racing and his working at a law firm back in Canada.

But he's seemed a little off lately.

Don't tell him I said that.

"What do you mean partying? It's a dinner. That's your choice to go to this meeting tomorrow."

"Well I wasn't even invited to the dinner anyways so who cares."

"Clearly you do" I fire back.

"Lacy that's a low shot saying it's my choice to go tomorrow. Do you think I want to work?"

"Clearly you do because last week you said there was supposed to be a meeting tomorrow but you'd miss it anyways for me."

"Sorry that the world doesn't revolve around you." He says rolling his eyes.

"I never said it did."

"Fuck Lacy now I'm going to be late for my flight and yes something came up and I can't miss tomorrow." He retaliates.

"Wow ok." I say shocked of his behaviour.

He walks over to me cupping my face with a sigh.

"Listen I'm really sorry Lace. I didn't mean for it to come out wrong. You know I love you right?"

"Yea. Of course." I say with a fake smile.

He gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll take the car to the airport and you can pick it up after your party tonight." He dictates.

"Oh. Ok yea sure. Um I thought you were driving me tonight though." I hesitate.

He glares at me.

"You want to make me even more late for me to drop you off with a bunch of rich men at some party?"

"Dan. Stop it. These are my coworkers now."

He gives me a look. I don't know how to describe it but it's a look.

"Let me leave without being more upset. Goodbye my love." He gives me a kiss and practically runs out the door.

"Bye I l-" he slams the door.

"Love you."

Fuck off oh my what is up his ass. I think to myself.

Shit how am I supposed to get there tonight?

Lando? I guess?

But I don't have his number.

I then remember the packet of paper I got yesterday from the board meeting.

His numbers probably on a sheet. Hopefully.

I start to rummage through the papers and come across a sheet with a few of the "important peoples" numbers on it.

Shit. Do I call or text him.

I pause.

Call him.

Dan won't see the texts.

Wait what? Why am I thinking about that it's literally my new teammate?

Yea but to Dan he's basically your new boyfriend.

Ugh fine. But he barely goes through your phone.

But what if he does?

I shake my head silencing whatever voices and inner saboteur is going on in there.

I promise I'm not insane guys.

I then dial his number my hands all shaky.

It's ringing.

I then hear a little British "Ello?"

"Hi is this Lando?" I say hoping my fear isn't noticeable in my tone.

"Maybe. Who is this might I ask?"

Maybe? Who the fuck says maybe?

"Uh it's Lacy calling. I got your number off the contact sheet um listen-"

"Oh hey Lacy yea it's Lando."

I pause from being interrupted.

"Awesome. Ok. Listen-"

"You still coming to the dinner?" He interrupts again.

"Yea yea I am. Listen." I pause waiting to be interrupted but there's silence. "Dan actually had to leave early-"

"Dan? Who the hell is Dan?" He asks all confused.

"My boyfriend?"

"Oh right right. Sorry."

"No worries yea well he had to leave back to Canada tonight so um... I was just wondering if I could get a ride from you tonight maybe?" I pause.

"If not that's totally ok I mean I could probably walk or get a taxi I guess that could work I just thought maybe-" I stammer

"Yes of course. I'll be there in twenty minutes. Wait what's your address?"

I quickly give him my address before hanging up because I am no where near being ready.

I throw on the red dress that I know I always look good in.

I curl my hair into a nice blowout and grab my Vivienne Westwood ring and slide it down my finger with my red nails matching perfectly to my dress.

I hear a knock at the door before I've finished doing my makeup and touching up my hair.

I open the window and yell out.

"It's open!"

I hear the door creak open and I shout from my room.

"I'll be out in a minute Lando I'm just finishing getting ready."

The door slams open.

"Who the hell is Lando?"