Party and The Afterparty

"What if we go out for celebratory drinks huh?" Lando says with a smirk as we all get changed out of our racing clothes.

"Oh I don't know Lando I've had a long day, you know it's not easy making history and breaking up with your boyfriend of three years in one day."

"It's true, she had I miss you I'm sorry on repeat from her dressing room after the podium ceremony." Daniel says while giving me a playful nudge but then giving a sad look after realizing.

"You heard that?" I say embarrassed.

"We all did." Max says while taking off his first place cap that had been awarded to him just hours ago.

"My bad." I say as we all head to the parking lot where some of the guys were going to head out for drinks.

Before I could get to my car I heard Lando call out my name behind me.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us doll?" He says while brushing his hand up the side of my arm.

"Yes I'm sure, go have fun you deserve to celebrate after that p2 of yours," I say forcing a smile, "besides I just need to focus on myself right now not that asshole who controlled my life for three years."

"Good girl, that's what I like to hear." Lando says before letting go of my arm and rushing off to be with the rest of the grid for who knows how many hours.

                     ——————————————

I get back to my hotel room feeling absolutely destroyed by my day today.

My nerves had been acting up all day so I was happy to finally be able to relax and flop on my bed.

Rolling over I noticed that I forgot my Polaroid at the garage.

Shit. Maybe one of the guys took it hopefully.

I wanted to start preparing for the next race which was only a week away, but I knew I needed to get some rest before another busy week.

Looking at my phone I noticed another text from my father.

"Great job today Lacy!"

I just stare at my screen with a blank facial expression.

My father had always tried to do his best but I think it's from the lack of love he received from his father and so on.

My mother wanted nothing to do with me as I "ruined" her modelling career.

Mothers are supposed to love.

Fathers are supposed to love.

So why didn't they love me?

I think that's why I was so reluctant to breaking up with Dan because he was my boyfriend and aren't they supposed to love too?

I wanted to experience that for once.

From someone. Anyone.

My dad was sad all the time after him and my mom divorced.

I would always try to cheer him up but it never worked.

I'd draw pictures of us, but he was never amused.

I'd win races for him, but it was never enough.

Before I let my thoughts spiral anymore out of control I sent a text to Lando asking if he had seen my Polaroid before leaving the garage.

I got an immediate text back from him which was surprising considering they were supposed to be out.

"Yea I stole it before you could notice."