The Red Dress

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank goodness." I whisper to myself as I open the door.

"Come in come in. I'm sorry I'm not ready yet." I must look a mess.

"Sorry I'm late. There was a bit of traffic." He says with his eyes on me.

"Wow I love that dress you look like a model..." he trails off.

"Really?" My eyes light up.

"Yea it's nice." He smiles.

"Sorry I'll just finish getting ready here then I'll be good to go. Do you want anything to drink?"

"No no I'm alright thanks." He smiles.

I finish putting my makeup on and we head out the door into his McLaren.

"Wait I forgot to lock the door." I say thinking maybe dans flight got delayed again.

We drive out to the diner with the sun setting in the rear view.

"Everyone's really excited to see you." He says as we pull to a red light.

"I'm a little nervous. But excited too of course."

"Why are you nervous."

"I don't know what if they don't like me maybe?"

"Why wouldn't they like you." He says softly while looking at me.

Just then a car honks as the light had turned green for who knows how long.

I laugh as he quickly steps on it.

We speed through the countryside and pull into a small diner and I notice the other brand cars parked outside of the building.

We head into the restaurant and Lando says a random name who I don't think is on the grid when the hostess asks who the reservation is under.

He leans down and whispers to me that they usually do this so no one knows who they are when reserving a spot.

We turn the corner and I see Daniel Ricardo, Carlos Sainz, Charles Leclerc, and Max Verstappen all sitting on one side but I notice the wall is blocking another I'd assume driver.

As I inch closer I see blonde hair.

I gasp.

"Liam?"

He turns and faces me.

"Lacy? Holy shit you did it." Is all he says to me before getting up from the table and wrapping his arms around me in an embrace.

"I knew you could do it."

"I love the faith you've got in me and I haven't even told you I'm a driver yet."

"I just knew."

"But what about you holy shit liam oh my goodness."

Liam motions for me to sit.

"You're looking at Redbulls finest rookie." He smiles.

"No way. Shut up. Redbull? Holy shit liam"

"I could say the same to you ms mystery McLaren driver." He laughs