Pannel

Lando and I boarded onto the jet embarking on the journey to my first ever Grand Prix in F1.

"After you." Lando says while motioning for me to enter before him.

"Oh, thanks Lando." I say somewhat caught off guard by his kindness.

After we get settled in the somehow spacious jet I can't help but want to ask about the whole plate situation if you know what I mean.

"Um Lando? Can I ask you a question?" I hesitate.

"Of course my dear what's going on?" He says intrigued.

"The plate-"

His eyes widen.

"Liam told me and I don't want you to worry really I'm fine."

"I'm so sorry Lacy I just wanted to make sure that you were alright because if I'm being honest I heard your boyfriend from outside of the house before I came."

What.

Did he hurt Lando?

"Oh my goodness I'm so so sorry are you ok? He didn't hurt you did he?"

"No he-"

"Is that why there's a bruise on your arm oh Lando I'm so sorry about him." I reach out gently brushing my fingers across the discoloured patch on his arm.

"What? No I'm fine I didn't see him I was still in my car I-" he pauses.

"This bruise is from me hitting my arm on my kitchen counter..." he pauses once more causing my heart to race.

"Why would he hurt me?" He questions.

I go silent not knowing what to say.

A shocked expression of concern washes over his face.

"Oh my god Lacy he hasn't hurt you has he?" He says somewhat upset.

"No! He hasn't why are you getting so upset at me?" I say in a defensive tone.

"Lacy I'm just concerned he doesn't seem-"

"Say what you want about him Lando but he's my boyfriend who has supported me for the past three years of my life when no one else did so I don't want to hear your opinion about him." I raise my voice at him.

"Sorry. I just," he sighs, "wanted to make sure that you were ok." He says before getting up to go to the washroom so we have some space for a second.

Why was I so defensive about Dan?

He's an ass I should hate him.

But for some reason I don't.

Lando and I touch down in Bahrain and the air is humid as we step off the jet.

"First Grand Prix who's excited?" Lando says trying to break the tension from earlier.

I smile hoping he takes this as a gesture of forgiveness from before.

We make our way to the paddock where we're supposed to be doing pre season media bits and interviews.

I sit down next to Lando and notice Liam and Max walking over to us at the panel.

There's about four microphones stationed on my seat and about two on the others.

I'm just hoping this media training comes in handy.

In between being asked questions I feel a warm presence near my ear.

I turn my head slightly to see brown curls in my peripheral vision.