Chapter 7

Jordana

Jordana looked through Ivy's closet and grabbed a pretty green dress. She put it over herself as she looked in the mirror. The dress made it above her knees and looked good on her.

Why are you wearing Ivy's shirt? Jordana couldn't get Kenny's words out of her head. It was a fair question. "But I don't have my own stuff to wear," she said to herself as she put the dress on the bed.

She took a peek out the window and was blinded by the early morning sun. She squinted her eyes as she noticed a police car parked outside. "This asshole," she said as she closed the blind. "Can't even give me till noon before kicking me out."

Jordana looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing only a bra and panties. "I can't go out like this and my clothes are still in the washer."

There was a knock at the door and Jordana groaned. She grabbed a large t-shirt with a picture of Harley Quinn and put it on as she went to answer the door.

"Officer Tirado, how can I help you?"

"It's Deputy Tirado," he said as he pushed his way inside. "I told you to be out of here by the next morning. Why are you still here?" He looked around the apartment while Jordana stood at the door entrance, annoyance on her face.

She closed the door and turned to Tirado who stared at a photo of Ivy with who she assumed were her friends on the nightstand. "As you can see on any clock, it's still morning and I have about three hours till noon."

"I insist you leave way before noon," he said as he turned to face her. He couldn't help himself but look down at Jordana's exposed legs.

Jordana gestured at her legs. "As you can see, I don't have any clothes. I'm just waiting for mine to dry. I wouldn't be wearing Ivy's shirt if you hadn't knocked on the door."

"That shirt belongs to Ivy?"

"Yes, as I told you yesterday, my truck broke down and I'm stranded with nothing that is mine."

"It's in poor taste to be wearing clothes that belong to someone who just died."

"Don't you think I know that, but what other choice do I have when you knock on the door and expect me to answer. I'm assuming you were expecting me to answer."

Deputy Tirado scrunched his face and turned away from her. "There's a clothing store on Belmont Ave. Put some pants on and go there. You shouldn't be staying here any longer than you have."

"You're not going to let me wait for my clothes to dry?" she asked in shock.

"No. I am declaring this apartment a crime scene and you have tampered with it long enough."

"Ivy didn't die here."

Deputy Tirado turned around to face her. "We don't know that! Now I suggest you hurry before I arrest you for trespassing."

"What about my clothes?"

"Evidence now."

"I don't even know where Belmont Ave is."

"Go all the way down to the light on this street and take a left. That's Belmont and the clothing store is two blocks down in that direction. Now hurry up and put some pants on."

Jordana pushed past Deputy Tirado as she went into Ivy's room. She slammed the door.

"Hurry," said Tirado from outside.

"Asshole," said Jordana as she pulled out some jeans from Ivy's closet. She put the jeans on and then got out of the room and went into hers. She put her shoes on and grabbed the cactus Ivy had gifted her. She walked past Deputy Tirado and headed towards the exit.