Chapter 10

Doramis

Doramis, Ken and Robbie arrived outside of Ivy's Tavern where there was a large group gathered. Everyone held a candle lighting up the night sky around them. Everyone were gathered into small groups as they remembered Ivy.

"This is a bad idea," said Ken. "We're punished. We shouldn't be out here."

"Our parents won't find out and if they did, we're honoring a friend like everyone else," said Doramis.

"But that's not what we're doing," said Ken. "You want to interrogate Jack, which is the thing that got us in trouble in the first place."

"What got us in trouble in the first place was the fact we were skipping school when we had our interrogation. We're not skipping this time."

"Stop being a wimp," said Robbie.

"Seriously," said Doramis. "Robbie's the freshmen here, not you."

Ken wanted to defend himself, but couldn't come up with the words so he just put his head down. "Fine," he said, sounding defeated.

"There he is," said Robbie. "He's with that woman." The group looked over and saw Jack hanging out with Jordana, Noah and Liam. "She's made some friends since we last talked to her."

"More like all the horny men are swarming the new girl in town," said Doramis.

"She is attractive," said Ken.

"See," said Doramis as she pointed her open hand at Ken. "Case in point."

"I don't think she's that attractive," said Robbie.

"That's because you haven't hit puberty yet," said Ken.

"Nice come back," said Doramis as she let out a slight laugh. "You got a bit of redemption there." Ken couldn't help but smile at her words.

"You cut me off before I could retort," said Robbie.

"No time," said Doramis as she went to the group. "Jack, we need to talk."

"Oh, hey guys," said Jack as everyone in his group stopped chatting. "Paying your respect to Ivy too?"

"That too, but I really wanted to talk to you."

"Hello Dori, Kenny and Robbie," said Jordana.

"Hi," said Ken while his friends ignored her.

"You know them?" said Jack.

"Yes, we had an interesting conversation a couple of days ago," said Jordana.

"I'm not here about that now," said Doramis.

"Kids," said Liam. "Should you be here at this time of night?"

"That's none of your business. Why don't you go talk to your conquest somewhere else."

"Excuse me?"

"Conquest?" said Jordana. "Is that supposed to be me?"

"I doubt these men are trying to get into Noah's pants," said Doramis.

"Dori!" exclaimed Jack while Noah seemed to be embarrassed. "You need to stop."

"Does that mean you three aren't trying to get into my pants?" Jordana asked the teenagers, causing Ken and Robbie to blush.

"Eww," said Doramis with a disgusted face. "Gross."

"Your friends don't seem to think so. Look how red they're getting."

Doramis turned to look at them and they quickly turned away. "Seriously, couldn't keep your shit together," she said to them, disappointed.

Jordana put a finger under Doramis' chin, pushing her attention to herself. Doramis was now looking into Jordana's eyes. "Don't be so hard on them. Men just can't help themselves when teased by a beautiful woman. You'll be doing the same thing in no time."