chapter 2

"I-it's not fair..." natsu mutters as you, him, happy, and your exceed, peach, ride the train from magnolia to hargeon. "why doesn't this happen to you...?" natsu asks as he struggled to lift his head up from your lap.

"because I'm better than you!" you tease as your run your fingers through his hair. "but if it makes you feel better we're about to arrive."

"yay." he softly smiles and faints once again.

"he's so lame." peach laughs as her and happy sit across from the two of you. you look down at natsu and admire him.

after about 5 minutes the train halts. you shake natsu awake, "natsu, we're here get up."

he stands up and takes about 5 steps before he collapses onto the ground, still not recovering from the train ride.

you and peach get off the train and happy tries getting natsu up.

"uh is he okay?" a conductor asks.

"aye! this always happens to him!" happy tells him.

"never again... I'm never riding a train again..."
natsu struggles to stand up.

happy walks off the train, "if our information is correct, the salamander should be in this town."

natsu woke you and peach up early in the morning to go to hargeon and see a salamander that was visiting. you don't really think it's igneel, but you never pass up a chance to travel with natsu.

"let's go natsu!" you start rushing him.

"just a minute..." he hangs his head out the window, ready to puke.

suddenly the train starts and natsu cries out for help.

"it left..." happy mutters. peach laughs and you sigh.

"cmon cats, let's go get natsu." you say. your cat flies up and lands on your head while you scoop up happy into your arms.

and so you and the exceeds took another train to the next city, where natsu was found pass out at the train station. he had to be moved by workers off the train.

so you, natsu, and the cats are walking through hargeon. "man... I ended up riding the train 2 more times."

"it's about time you get over that motion sickness." peach tells him.

"it's not something I can just get over!" natsu yells back defensively.

"it's a little pathetic." you joke.

"natsu is brave for facing his fears!" happy defends his partner.

"it's not a fear! it's a real sickness, happy!" natsu tells him. then natsu's stomach makes a noise. "I'm hungry!" he whines.

"y/n, let's stop by somewhere." he tells you.

"we could've, but I spent all my money paying for those train tickets to go pick you up from the next city then back to hargeon. plus, you still owe me from the last time we went to get lunch." you say.

"so no money..." happy frowns.

"this salamander has to be igneel, right?" natsu asks.

"aye! igneel is the only fire dragon I can think of!" happy answers. you and peach glance at each other.

you're positive it's not, but you know natsu can't be convinced of anything.

suddenly from a distance you see a crowd of girls gathered around screaming about a salamander.

happy and natsu break into a sprint towards the crowd.

you sigh, "his enthusiasm is adorable, but does his really think a dragon is gonna land in the middle of town?"