chapter 9

malachor's twisted grin widens and he revels in the power games unfolding. "you see, y/n, your precious guild won't just lose you. we have our sights on the infamous natsu dragneel. his magic, so rich and fiery, will be a valuable addition to our collection."

your eyes narrow, concerned for your friend. "you won't lay a finger on natsu!"

malachor chuckles ominously. "oh, my dear, he's as good as ours. my gang is already on their way to your little rescue team. they won't know what hit them."

fear and determination intertwine in your voice. "you won't succeed. they'll overcome you!"

malachor leans in, his shadowy presence oppressive. "it amuses me how hopeful you remain. hope, after all, is the perfect breeding ground for repair. your guild won't stand a chance against our carefully laid plans."

malachor laughs, "the stage is set, the players are in position, and the curtains rise on the grand spectacle of our conquest. your guild's demise is inevitable."

in the dimly lit expanse of the warehouse, the team, moved cautiously. tension hung in the air as they navigated through crates and shadows, their senses alert to any danger.

suddenly, the atmosphere shifted, and shadows converged around them. a chilling silence fell upon the group as nine mysterious figures emerged from the darkness, forming a semi-circle around the fairy tail members.

natsu clenched his fists, "looks like we've got company."

erza equipped her sword, "stay vigilant."

a figure draped in a cloak with a sinister aura stepped forward. "welcome, fairy tail. it seems you've stumbled into our little game."

gray, forming ice around his hands, shot back defiantly. "let y/n go. we won't let you get away with this."

the cloaked figure chuckled darkly. "ah, the twin dragon. a valuable asset to our cause. but you won't be saving her. in fact, you won't be leaving here at all."

Lucy grabs a key, "we're not afraid of you. fairy tail will always stand against those who threaten our friends."

peach, though small, stood beside them with determination.

the leader raised a hand, and the warehouse echoed with the appearance of magical barriers, sealing off any escape routes. "you're trapped, fairy tail. surrender, and we might consider letting you live."

erza's gaze hardened. "we don't surrender and we certainly don't back down from a fight."

the cloaked figure, their voice dripping with malice, addressed natsu with a sinister tone. "ah, the infamous natsu dragneel. we've been eager to capture a wizard of your caliber."

natsu scowled, "you won't lay a finger on me. i'll burn you and your plans to the ground."

the cloaked figure chuckled darkly. "bold words. your fiery magic will make a valuable addition to our collection."

as malachor revels in the looming threat to natsu and your guildmates, the atmosphere in the chamber intensifies. suddenly, the door creaks open, revealing a group of shadowy figures hauling in a menacing machine adorned with dark runes.

melachor's eyes gleam with anticipation. "behind, y/n. the device that will extract every drop of magic from you and leave you an empty shell."

your gaze narrows, "what is that thing?"

malachor chuckles darkly. "a creation of exquisite malevolence. this machine is designed to drain magic with unparalleled efficiency. once we activate it, your power will be ours, and your guild's hope extinguished."

malachor checks your chains to make sure all is secure. he smirks, reveling in the impending triumph. "the extraction begins, y/n. soon, you'll understand the futility of resisting the inevitable."

with his magic, malachor releases you from the chains. you fall to your knees with a loud thud. no fancy speeches or dramatic lines. there were no emotions on malachor's face. you look at him then down your body. you were covered in burns and cuts from his torment. you felt too weak to fight. you're drained. malachor lifts you up by your hair. you let out a yelp.

you look at the machine and tears form in your eyes. "lay down." he instructs you and lets go of your hair.

"i'm not getting on that." you say.

he laughs, "you know, they all say that and then they all lay down. you know why? hope. on that table, there's still some chance someone will come and rescue you, but out here... only death." he grabs you by your hair once again and holds a blade to your throat.

"you can't kill me... you need my magic." you say.

"oh, but I can. i'm sure your friends have plenty of magic energy to make up for losing yours. the one with the scarlet hair is pretty strong... oh celestial magic is very hard to come across." he taunts you. the thought of him hurting your team was scarier than following his orders.

"o-okay... I'll get on." you say quietly.

"good girl." he whispers in your ear and lets your hair go. tears fall from your eyes as you slowly laid on the table. malachor smirks down at you as he straps your wrist and ankles securely. he runs his hand along your face, "let the extraction begin."

the air was thick with tension as the figures hurled provocations at the fairy tail crew about y/n. the fairy tail members were outnumbered and exhausted.

one of the gang members, a sinister grin etched on his face, jeered, "your friend's magic is slipping away, fairy tail. how long before she's nothing more than an empty shell?"

another figure chimed in with a mocking tone, "how long do you think she can hold on? it's only a matter of time before she begs for mercy, and you won't be able to do a thing about it." the comments about you ignited something in the fairy tail wizards. natsu stood up from the ground.

natsu shot back with a roar, "you think you're breaking her? y/n's tougher than you can imagine. we're coming for her, and you won't be able to hide when we're done!"

you scream in pain as the magic is sucked out of you. malachor pauses the machine. he says the process must be done in parts. you do your best as you catch your breath. you might be in pain, but he was right. if you hold on a little longer, maybe the team will find you. all you have to do is keep holding on.

struggling against the relentless drain of your magic, you shot back with a defiant glare, "is this your idea of a grand design? sucking the magic out of wizards? must be a real hit at villain parties."

malachor, undeterred, responded with a sinister grin, "you're just a note in our symphony of power, y/n. a pitiful attempt at resistance."

with a sarcastic smirk, you retorted, "symphony of power? sounds more like a tone-deaf garage band. is this the best you've got, malachor?"