chapter 10

the air crackled with magical energy as the battle unfolded.

natsu, flames flickering with fury, roared, "enough of this! where's y/n?! have you done to her?!"

one of the wizards, cornered by fairy tail's relentless assault, smirked and replied, "oh, your little friend? she's in a place you can't reach! a pawn in our grand design!"

erza demanded, "tell us where she is, or face the consequences!"

the member, sensing the impending defeat, sneered, "you're too late. y/n is already in the hands of malachor, and there's nothing you can do to stop us."

natsu glare darkened as he grabbed the member by his collar. his rage was only intensifying. "malachor? where is he? tell me, or i'll burn you down to a crisp."

in the dimly lit chamber, you continued to defy malachor with your sharp-witted retorts. every time you got a rise out of him, he'd stop the process just to give you a lesson. this was giving you more time.

"you call this your grand design? more like a second-rate magic show," you quipped, your defiance burning bright despite your predicament.

malachor, infuriated by your insolence, with a swift motion, lashed out and slapped your across the face. the sound echoed through the chamber.

you were stunned by the sudden blow, you recoiled, your cheek stinging from the impact. "is that all you've got?" you spat, your voice tinged with defiance. malachor got close to your face. as you met malachor's furious gaze, a surge of energy and determination coursed through your veins.

you want to live.

you don't want to give up.

with a fierce glint in your eyes, you spat blood defiantly in his face, a symbol of your unwavering determination.

malachor recoiled in disgust, his rage boiling over. before he could react, you summoned every ounce of strength and determination. with mighty effort, you broke free from your wrist restraints. malachor rushes to you to tie you back down. you swing a punch at him and he flies to the other side of the chamber. you use this narrow time frame to undo the ankle restraints.

most of your magic had been zapped out, but you still had your hands and feet. with a newfound sense of empowerment, you launched yourself at malachor, your movements fluid and precise. you engage with him in hand-to-hand combat. you fought with ferocity fueled by your determination to break free from his clutches.

malachor, caught off guard by your sudden burst of strength, struggled to keep up with your relentless assault. despite his mastery in shadow magic, he found himself outmatched by your unwavering resolve and determination.

as you two clashed in a whirlwind of punches and kicks, you refused to back down. with each blow, you channeled your frustration and anger, your determination overcame malachor, growing stronger with every strike.

malachor places his hands out in a 'stop' motion. shadow beams racing towards you. you place your hands in an x position over your face to help you protect yourself. the shadow attacks send you slamming against the wall.

you pick yourself back up.

you tapped into a newfound wellspring of strength. with a defiant roar, you declared, "I won't be a pawn in your scheme any longer!"

channeling your energy into your ancient power, the chamber trembled with the gathering energy, and frost began to form around you, creating an ethereal aura.

"ice dragon slayer secret art: frigid embrace!" you shouted, unleashing a swirling vortex of icy winds that engulfed the entire chamber. the temperature plummeted, freezing the very air as the spell took hold.

caught off guard by the sudden manifestation of your enhanced magic, malachor struggled within the icy tempest. he tried to summon his shadow magic, but the biting cold hindered his movements.

everything in the room was completely frozen.

with relentless determination, you pressed forward, each movement now accompanied by the chilling power of your ice dragon slayer magic. as your struck, frost formed on malachor's defenses, weakening them with every blow.

amidst the freezing winds, you summoned the culmination of your magical strength for a final, devastating blow. "ice dragon: frozen spear barrage!" you exclaimed, forming a barrage of razor-sharp icicles that surrounded you before launching them toward Malachor.

the icy projectiles pierced through malachor's defenses, leaving him vulnerable and defeated. you, your breath visible in the frosty air, stood victorious amidst the icy aftermath of your powerful spell.

you fall to your knees and take a quick few seconds to catch your breath. you stand back up weakly and limp to a passed out malachor. you used your strength to lift him up and chain him up against the wall. then you lose consciousness.

natsu took center stage as the fairy tail members confronted the defeated gang members. his aura intensified, creating an air of menace that left the adversaries uneasy.

"listen up, you miserable excuses for wizards!" natsu's voice thundered, flames dancing on his fingertips, "you've just witnessed the tip of fairy tail's power. now cough up the information. where's y/n?!"

the team watched with a mix of awe and concern as natsu continued with his fiery intimidation.

"if you don't start talking," natsu snarled, flames flaring even brighter, "i'll turn this place into a roaring sea of fire. your shadows will be nothing but ashes."

the gang members, faced with natsu's overwhelming fury, began to tremble. one of them nervously stammered, "alright, alright! malachor took her to the old abandoned magic research facility on the outskirts of town. just don't hurt us!"

satisfied with the information, natsu grinned, "you've made the smart choice. but remember, if anything happens to y/n, your worst nightmare won't compare to what I'll unleash. happy, peach, let's go get her!" natsu says. peach and happy spread their wings. happy wraps his tail around natsu and the three begin flying to your location.

natsu's senses guided him to the chamber where you lay unconscious on the hold, hard ground. natsu rushes to your side. "y/n!" natsu's voice resonated through the chamber as he knelt beside you. gently shaking you, he called out, "wake up, y/n. we're gonna get you out of here."

you stirred, slowly regaining consciousness. your eyes flutter open, meeting natsu's concerned gaze. you immediately begin to sob. natsu pulls you close to his chest.

"it's okay... you're okay..." natsu assures you a calm and gentle tone. peach and happy are crying at the sight of you. you were badly injured.

natsu strokes your hair and keeps repeating you're okay.

"you're safe." natsu tells you. he notices malachor, now in chains.

he diverts his attention back to you.

natsu held you in his arms as you watched the magic council detain malachor. the defeated dark wizard was escorted towards a waiting vehicle, his freedom now replaced by chains.

as malachor was about to be placed in the vehicle, he turned to you with a chilling smile. his departing words echoed with a sinister tone, "you may think you've escaped the shadows, but remember, my dear y/n, darkness has a way of finding its way back. in the shadows and in the dark, i'll be there, haunting your every step."

a shiver ran down your spine. natsu, sensing the discomfort, stepped protectively in front of your.

with a wicked grin, malachor was escorted into the vehicle, leaving you standing there in the aftermath of your victory.

the vehicle pulled away, disappearing into the night, and you couldn't shake the eerie feeling that malachor's words carried a lingering threat that would linger in the shadows.