chapter 3

you and the team stand in front of the guild with Lucy. "it's beautiful, isn't it?" you ask. she has a smile from ear to ear.

"welcome to fairy tail!" peach tells her. you wanted to open the door for her, but natsu just goes ahead and kicks it down.

"we're back!" he announces. Lucy was shocked by his actions, but at some point she'll learn natsu loves to make dramatic entrances. the guild members smile and greet you, natsu, and the rest of the team.

buck teeth laughs, "you really went all out this time! I heard hargeon was-" before he could finish his sentence, natsu knocks him out for lying about salamander, but you know it was just natsu's misunderstanding.

"why?!" Lucy shrieks. the two wizards break out into a fight and cause damage to the inside of the guild. at some point happy goes flying. and for some reason, the rest of the guild begins to get involved.

lucy smiled in the middle of the chaotic scene, "wow! I'm really here!"

"I would love to tell you it's not always like this, but... I'd be lying." you laugh awkwardly. you're sure this is about to leave a bad impression.

"y/n! who's your cute friend here?" loke wraps his arm around your shoulder and winks at Lucy.

"no way you get with me then hit on my new friend Lucy... right in front of me!" you get annoyed at loke, "get lost!" you kick him away from you. "I still got a bone to pick with you, loke!" you march away from Lucy and enter the fairy tail brawl.

you feel bad leaving Lucy on her own, but you did have a score to settle.

as you're dealing with loke, a table flies at you and hits the back of your head, so you begin to fight with other members of the guild.

sure, you were the calmer one of the twin dragon duo, but you weren't any different than the other fairy tail wizards.

you notice at some point loke has swept Lucy into his arms after gray crashed into her. "get away from her!" you punch loke away and now have Lucy in your arms.

you set Lucy down and begin to grow irritated. all members of the guild felt the same way and began to charge up magic. ice started to form in your hands.

before any magic could be shot, a giant monster steps into the guild commanding that all members halt. everyone stops dead in their tracks and silence fills the room.

"oh, you're still here, master?" mirajane smiles.

"master?!" Lucy is shocked.

natsu laughs, "what a bunch of wimps! looks like I win this-" natsu is crushed by the master's giant foot. you bust out into laughter and before you know it, his left foot squishes you.

master notices lucy's presence and shrinks back down to normal size and greets her kindly. you weakly stand back up and crack your back.

master jumps onto the 2nd floor ledge and clears his throat. all members gather around to hear what he has to say.

"you guys have gone and done it again!" he shoots a glare at you, natsu, happy and peach. you knew this was about hargeon. "but it's not just the twins this time... i've heard about hundreds of other occasions, just look at how much paperwork the council sent me this time! and it's all complaints!" master sighs, "all you guys ever do is get the council mad at me!"

all the members were quiet and looking down in shame. the master was trembling in anger, but then regains himself and laughs, "however, to hell with the council!" he sets the stack of paper on fire and throws it at natsu to eat.

he gives a speech to the members about the importance of magic and to not worry about authority and worry instead about growing as a wizard. the guild cheers and throws up the fairy tail hand gesture. you smile at Lucy before throwing up the gesture yourself.

lucy receives her guild mark and shows you excitedly. "looks great!" you and peach tell her.

she takes a seat at the bar beside you and peach.

"so what do you think so far? sorry about the little altercation..." you laugh.

"it was a little unexpected, but for some reason it was fun? it was exciting? it's hard to describe the feeling I had, but it wasn't anything negative!" Lucy replies.

"it's kind of a daily thing, so I would prepare myself." you tell her.

"so... are you gonna tell me about you and loke?" Lucy smirks.

you sigh, "not my proudest moment... we took a job together and one thing led to another... it took months for the guild to stop making fun of me about it, and it's not like i like him, but I can't say I don't hold a little grudge for him telling people."

"so are you into him or natsu?" Lucy asks.

peach bust out into laughter.

you stutter, "n-neither... you know what- peach! we uh have something to do." you pick your cat up by the back of her neck, "s-so we're gonna go." you tell Lucy. you dig through your pockets and find spare jewels to pay for your drinks and food you had before walking out the guild.

mirajane heard the whole conversation and walks to Lucy. "that was weird..." Lucy says.

"I think the only people that don't know y/n and natsu love each other are y/n and natsu." she tells Lucy. Lucy is intrigued.

mirajane continues the conversation, "y/n joined the guild a few weeks before natsu did. from what I heard, the two instantly clicked and bonded over being dragon slayers. no one really believed they were trained by dragons, so they only had each other. when I joined, the two had already gained a small reputation around town."

"I'm a little surprised. it seems gray and natsu don't get along because their magics are opposites, but I was with them in hargeon and their chemistry was off the chart." lucy tells Mira.

"well, like I said, their bond formed over being dragon slayers. as little kids, they would go out and search for their dragons, and they never found them, but they live for the day they will... together." Mira says. Lucy looks over at natsu, who's looking at the job request board with happy.

"so does this mean... natsu's not available?" Lucy asks.