chapter 5

a/n: y'all I'm actually so uninterested in the galuna island arc, so let's skip ahead, shall we?

it had been a couple of weeks since the galuna island incident. everyday you spent with Lucy, you grew closer to her, but everyday you grew closer to her, so did natsu.

however, you learned to manage your jealousy better.

"look what I got us!" you skip over to your shared table with natsu, happy, and peach. you place a job request in front of them. "it's perfect, isn't it?"

natsu reads it over, "seems pretty easy!"

the job was to simply take down a gang of wizards that had been terrorizing a small town.

"yeah, plus we haven't done a job together as the twin dragon slayers in a while!" you say.

"oh? I was thinking maybe we could ask Lucy and erza... maybe even gray." natsu mutters the last part. he smiles at you, "you know, the more the merrier!"

you laugh, "y-yeah of course! but I think this is a pretty easy job we can handle ourselves."

natsu reads the job flyer again, "10 members in the gang! we can each take two down instead of five each."

"that's pretty fast math coming from you." peach snickers.

"it's easy math!" natsu defends himself. you look at the job flyer. you wanted it to feel a little bit like old times. just you, natsu, happy, and peach, but natsu doesn't think like you. you don't get a chance to speak as natsu stands up from the table and says, "happy and I will tell Lucy! you can tell erza and slanted eyes!"

"aye!" happy cheers as he follows behind his partner. the two exit the guild to go to lucy's.

you sigh and sit in natsu's old spot.

"what's up?" peach asks. you lay your head on the table and she stands over your head and strokes your hair.

"every job we've taken for the past months have been with Lucy." you say.

"and that's a problem because?" peach asks.

"it's not lucy's fault natsu wants to be around her all the time... I don't know I've never been good with handling change. I miss when everything was simple." you tell her.

"it still seems pretty simple to me. all you have to do is communicate with him." peach tells you. you lift your head up and raise your brow at her, "communicate with natsu about feelings? natsu has two brain cells."

peach laughs, "look, how about we just finish this job with everyone and we'll handle it all later."

you nod and stand up from the table, scanning the guild for gray and erza.

you all arrive to the train station and wait patiently on the bench. "this is an amazing reward! I'll finally be able to cover rent!" Lucy smiles.

"is that all you ever think about?" happy asks her.

"it says here a gang is terrorizing a town and wizards all over the city have gone missing..." erza looks over the flyer.

"that's scary..." lucy shivers.

"nothing we can't handle!" natsu assures her with a thumbs up.

"the leader looks to be some creep." gray says. on the flyer was a blurry pic of each of the gang members. one of them is labeled 'alleged leader.'

he was a little creepy to you. he had some sort of darker aura to him than the rest.

"we'll be fine! this is a nice chance to give someone a beating." natsu punches his fist into his palm.

"we must stay focused, however. I would say our main objective is to find the missing wizards and bring them home safely to their friends and family." erza states and you all agree.

a worker calls for everybody heading to serenity falls.

the only people boarding were your teammates.

"seems like news is spreading about this place." you say.

"w-what if we just walked there?" natsu suggests. erza faces him and knocks him out in an instant.

"h-harsh..." you whisper.

you all arrive to serenity falls. the train station was an absolute ghost town. erza takes a pamphlet from the counter. it contains a map. "master said our hotel rooms should be set by the time we arrive."

there was only one hotel building in the whole city. you all walk there.

you all arrive to the hotel. behind the counter was an elderly man. "oh hello! how can I help you young folks today?" he asks. erza speaks up, "we are the fairy tail wizards responding to this job request." erza shows him the flyer.

"ah yes! the mayor has already contacted me. unfortunately many of rooms are under remodeling or taken, so I was only able to spare 3 single rooms." the man says to you all. he opens a drawer and places 3 keys on the counter.

"looks like we'll be sharing. thank you." erza takes the keys.

"of course! your rooms are just right down this hall." he smiles.

"is there any information you can give us on the recent attacks?" lucy asks.

the old man looks down, "the gang of wizards, they go by 'shadow hex.' they started off by attacking small businesses and demanding they pay a fee. a corner store failed to make the money in time... the owner was found dead the next morning with their insignia marked on their hip."

"that's terrible." you say quietly.

"over time the station was being piled with missing persons reports, and the one thing they all had in common is they're wizards. the mayor has tried reaching the magic council, but it seems like this town gets lost in all their paperwork." the old man finishes.

"we promise to find those missing wizards and put an end to this." erza assures him. the old man smiles.

you all walk down the hallway to the rooms. "c'mon happy! let's settle in!" natsu snatches one of the keys from erza's hands. before he could unlock it the door, erza smacks him over the head and takes the key back.

"I get the single room. the four of you can decide between each other who shares with who. I expect everyone up in the morning ready to meet with the mayor." erza hands the remaining two keys to lucy and enters her room.

"well... how about me, you, and peach?" lucy asks you.

"no way I'm sharing a bed with this guy!" natsu complains.

"yeah! what about me and lucy?" gray suggests.

"also a veto! the bed is too small to fit 2 cats and 2 humans!" natsu objects.

weird... that never seemed to be a problem before.

"fine, you idiot!" gray grabs your arm and pulls you towards him, "you, lucy, and happy. me, y/n, and peach. is that good enough?"

"fine by me!" natsu smiles. lucy sighs and hands you the 2nd key.

just perfect...