chapter 20

the stone spell somehow wore off. you were able to move again.

"what happened to juvia?" juvia asks. all the girls look confused. your blood was boiling. with your ice magic, you replaced your ice gown to more casual clothing.

"y/n!" happy and peach fly to you and embrace you. you stroke their fur. master begins to explain the situation.

you were furious, "I get it, a little competition rivalry is normal, but this? it's reckless and dangerous!" the words poured out, fueled by the injustice of the situation.

natsu laughs, still thinking all is in good fun. "lighten up, ice princess. it's all in good fun!"

one thing you admire about natsu is his ability to see the good in everybody.

"good fun? this was a battlefield. he forced friends to fight friends. he crossed the line. there's no excuse for endangering others." you reply.

natsu laughs. "it was bluff! cmon let's see the second battle of fairy tail right here!" natsu comes to you, throwing air punches in your direction.

"i'm not in the mood!" you say sternly and kick him away.

the enchantments on the door begin to form a skull like creature.

"can you hear me, old man?" laxus' voice is heard. "and all you other guild people. one of the rules has gone out the window, so i'm adding a new one. i've activated the thunder palace in order to keep the battle of fairy tail underway. you have one hour and ten minutes. do you have what it takes to beat us? or will you give up instead, master?" the skull head disappears.

master lets out words of frustration before he cuts himself off and clutches his hand over his chest. "master!" you yell worriedly and run to his side as he collapses.

"his medicine!" mirajane runs. she comes back holding his medicine and tells everyone to look outside.

you all run to the patio, with Mira staying inside to help the master. hanging above the city, you see hundreds of orbs with lightning symbols.

"lightning lacrimas...?" levy questions.

"what happens if those things go off?!" Lucy asks.

you answer, "countless lightning bolts will rain down on the city..." you paint a picture of complete destruction of the city.

"I won't let that happen!" bisca requips a gun and shoots one down. she was celebrating her success and everyone congratulated her, but it was short lived as lightning struck down on her. she screams in pain. she collapses over.

"body link magic!" you say. "we have to evacuate the townspeople!"

"I'm on it!" Lucy runs out the guild. "we'll come with!" happy and peach follow her. cana and juvia run out too. levy helps aid bisca.

"wait a second... what are you two doing here?" you ask gajeel and natsu.

"the stupid enchantment won't let us leave!" natsu growled.

"what are you talking about?" you laugh.

you all go downstairs. you read the enchantment above. the rules are no stone statues and people over 80 are allowed to leave. you try to exit the guild, but are stopped.

"you're over 80, too?!" gajeel and natsu yell.

"wh-what? of course not!" you punch the enchantment with your fist, hoping to escape. "I gotta get outta here!" you look at levy, who's coming down the stairs from setting bisca in the infirmary.

"levy, we have to find a way to break this enchantment." you say. she nods, "we have to put an end to all this."

you and levy go downstairs to the fairy tail archieve and do research on the enchantment.