~ The Kingdom of the Sea: Chapter 5 ~

"Clay, wait!"

Hare didn't realize she'd fallen asleep again until Starflight's voice woke her up.

"Tsunami needs help!" Clay cried. Hare looked up and saw him shooting out of the cave.

"What's going on?" Hare asked, sitting up.

"Tsunami's being chased by a SeaWing," Sunny cried.

"A Sea- What?"

Hare hurried to the edge of the ledge that lay outside the cave, which was located on a cliff. Tsunami was hovering in the sky, facing a sky-blue dragon. Tsunami was bristling while the other dragon looked confused. Clay hesitated and froze in the sky, keeping his eyes fixed on Tsunami. Hare flew out to join him.

"What's happening?" Hare asked.

"I don't know," Clay admitted. "I'm going to go look."

Clay took off in Tsunami's direction. The other SeaWing yowled and shoved Tsunami into the water. He darted forward and began fighting with Clay. Clay was clearly holding back as the two dragons grappled. Hare shot forward and barrelled into the SeaWing's side. The dragon was caught off guard, but he was quick to recover and began to fight back.

Hare climbed onto his back and bit down hard on his shoulder. She slammed her spiky tail into his side.

"Hare! All of you! Quit it!"

Tsunami shot out of the water and ripped Hare away from the dragon.

"He attacked Clay!" Hare cried, reaching out to try and slash at the dragon one last time. Her claws hit air as Tsunami pulled her away.

"MudWings are our enemies," the other SeaWing snapped.

"Not this one," Tsunami snarled. "He's my friend."

The SeaWing stared at Tsunami with wide eyes. "Friend?" he repeated. "Are you mad?"

"Not as mad as you, fighting with Blister's niece," Tsunami scoffed. "Learn some respect, squid-brain. Is that any way to treat your ally's family, or the dragonets who will save you from this dreadful war?"

"Save us? You mean-"

"Yup, that's right." Tsunami puffed out her chest. "We're the dragonets of destiny."

"Riptide," Sunny said. "That's a funny name."

"I like it," Tsunami said. "It's fierce and scary, like mine."

Hare scoffed and ran her claws through the sand again. Riptide was pacing on the beach. His sky-blue scales glittered like metal in the sunlight. He had claw-mark scars along his underbelly, and there were scratch marks on his snout. Hare assumed they were recent since they'd only just stopped bleeding, most likely from Tsunami. He looked only a couple years older than her friends.

"Alright," Riptide said. "So you were all raised by the Talons of Peace under a mountain, and you were never allowed to leave. Then you escaped."

"And instantly kidnapped," Tsunami added.

"Right, kidnapped." Riptide flicked his tail, sending sand flying. Hare hissed and pulled away. "I still don't understand one thing, though. How did you end up with the niece of Blister?"

It felt odd hearing that. Her whole life Hare had been the daughter of Burn, but now she was being called the niece of one of her mother's enemies. It was strange.

"One of Burn's soldiers brought her to Morrowseer, and he brought her to us," Tsunami explained.

"The soldier was good friends with one of our fellow guardians when he was a member of Burn's army," Kestrel explained. "He knew he could be trusted with the egg."