four | midsummers dream

^dress^

'along there was some invisible string tying you me.'
-invisible string, taylor swift

it was now midsummers and every kook on the island was preparing for the big summer blowout. I hated that we were sitting in our fancy dresses and suits while the poor pogues didn't even have electricity. 

"ok so John B and JJ are coming to Midsummers?" i asked my brother.

"ya John B wants to talk to Sarah." he said putting on his shoes. "by the way you look nice." 

"thanks you actually don't so ugly." he rolled his eyes at my backhanded compliment.

"Ready to go?" he said standing up.

"uh ya i just need to grab mom her lipgloss." My mom and dad were already at the country club. They were trying to figure out why the Camerons got to walk out all regal when we didn't. My dad and Ward had a feud for as long as i remember. Apparently they went to school together and had some stupid fight over something. My mom thought it was stupid of course and so did Rose but my dad hated Ward with a burning passion. I had no idea why and he would not tell me.

We walked over to Pope and Kie and joined the conversation. Then the Camerons came out. I saw my dad standing next to the bar, he looked pissed. My mom however started to walk up to us. 

"Hey guys." my mom said placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Hi Mrs. Alderidge." pope always was so formal. My mom actually was good friends with his parents. 

"Pope please call me Natalia." she hated when people called her 'mrs.' she felt old she said.

"Right sorry."

"ok so what are you kids going to do tonight after the party?" she said playing with my hair. I loved it when she played with my hair it felt so nice and comforting.

"uh well we are gonna hang out at John B's for awhile." My brother spoke up.

"Ya so we won't be home till tomorrow." i said joining in.

"ok well i see Mrs. Carera, i am gonna talk to her for a bit. Have fun." she said walking away.

"Can we trade parents?" Kiara asked laughing.

"uh i will have to pass." i said laughing back. Kie hated how her parents and mine were so different. Two born kooks and two born pogues, the difference between my family was my parents weren't ashamed of the choices they made as kids. The Careras were very ashamed and everyone knew it too.

I soon walked over to the dance floor to talk to Sarah. "Hi loser." i said walking up behind Sarah.

"oh hi, i missed you." she said giving me a hug.

"I did too. Wanna dance?"

"yes." she said laughing.

We were dancing and laughing when JJ showed up. He slipped Sarah a note, she read it, and left. I figured it had something to do with John B. I hadn't seen Rafe all night. I didn't think it was a good idea to socialize with him in front of so many people especially my parents and the gang. I also lost JJ so i walked over to Kie.

We were talking with her parents when we saw JJ getting escorted out of the party. 

"i have legs my brotha." he said as the guard was grabbing him by the arm. "Rose you look like Lady Liberty." and she did, i did'nt understand some of her fashion choices.