eight | i miss you

'i miss you, i'm sorry.'
-i miss you, i'm sorry, gracie abrams

"Hi can i have a lemon water please?" i said talking to the country clubs bartender.

"yes one moment please." the man said walking away. I sat down and looked at my phone. I got a notification from photos. It was a picture of Rafe and I from when we were on the mainland. I missed him a lot. I wish things were different but here we are. It had been two days since my brother and i made up. Sarah and John B hadn't texted us yet. Rafe made me so mad yet i still loved him. I didn't know if he loved me but i do. He was my first everything. I know I broke up with him but it was like he didn't care Ward kill John B's dad or Sheriff Peterkin. While I was looking at the photos of Rafe and i, I felt a shock on my shoulder, a cold sensation and a warm hand. I knew it was Rafe immediately so i turned around.

"Hi." he said staring at me.

"Hi Rafe. Is there something you need?" I said trying to ignore the fact i wanted to kiss him so bad right now. 

"Uh no i guess i just wanted to talk to you." he said smiling.

"Oh well i guess sit down." i said.

"Ok, so how have you been?" he said after he sat down.

"I have been better." i said l

"Imissyoualot." he said quickly.

"Oh Rafe I-" 

"Please can we talk about us?" he cut me off.

"Rafe you can't do this to me right now." i said

"Right i am sorry." he stopped and got up. "I hope you can forgive me some day. I am sorry." he said then gave me a long kiss on the cheek. 

Before i could answer he walked away.

"Here miss." the bartender said giving me my water.

 "Thank you." i said

I then got a text. I thought it was my brother but it was s. I opened the message.

      blocked id 

blocked id: well, well, well looks like some one isn't over you...i guess i will have to deal  with you again...

"Go to hell!" i said. Everyone stared at me awkwardly. 

"Sorry its my uh-brother being stupid." i got up and went to my car

 I went to see JJ, Pope, Kie, and my brother. 

Rafes pov:

I heard her soft voice while I was golfing. I felt terrible for how i treated her. Acting like i didn't care about her best friends dying and then everything else my dad did. I loved her i really did and i didn't know why i pushed her away. 

-flashback from Rafes pov:

She sat there listening to Taylor Swift like always. She sang along softly to king of my heart. She stopped singing.

"This is our song Rafe." she said.

"What?" i said

"Its our song because it describes us. Also i know you love it." she said laughing

"Why because we sneak around?" i said putting my hand on her thigh.

"Exactly." she said then she kept singing. I watched her sing for another moment then looked at the road ahead of us. I love her, well i think i do. I haven't really ever loved any of the girls i have been with except for one but she wasn't really important right now. 

later

We were laying in the motel room. She was laying on my chest humming our song. 

"i love you." i said thinking she was awake. I looked at her and saw she was falling asleep and when she asked me what i said i lied. I don't know why. 

"oh i was asking if you were awake."

"oh ok. goodnight." she said falling asleep. I hope she felt the same way so i wanted to wait for the perfect time.

-present day (Rafes pov still)

I had to go talk to her even if it was for a moment.  I placed my hand on her shoulder and she turned around. 

"Hi." 'hi'  thats all you say?!

"Hi Rafe. is there something you need?" she said. I wanted to just turn around and run away.

"Uh no i guess i just wanted to talk to you."

"Oh well i guess sit down." she said placing her hand out on the stool.

"Ok so how have you been." 

"I have been better." she said. I knew it was because of me she wasn't great.  

"Imissyoualot." i had no idea why the hell i just blurted that out. god she probably thinks i am crazy.

"Oh Rafe i-" she said but before she could finish speaking i spoke again.

"Please can we talk about us?" my mouth was like a faucet it just kept running. 

"Rafe you can't do this to me right now." she said

"Right i am sorry." i got up. "I hope you can forgive me some day. I am sorry." i said then gave her a long kiss on the cheek. I then walked away. i got a text.

      blocked id

blocked id: i guess somebody isn't over their ex. Sounds like a movie you have already seen...

I was pissed. I heard Summer yell at her phone and i assumed she got a text from s.

authors note

ok so basically the time line might be weird but whatevs. There is gonna be some drammaaaa