2. Newly wedded

Manik

"Qubool hai" I heard nandini whisper for the third time and therefore we are married from now.

"Badhai ho didi" choti ammi said hugging ammi ,abbu hugged chote abbu .I looked around to see everyone happy but for whom I did this marriage was sitting like a lifeless soul.

"Manik , Nandu ab tumlog bhi khana kha lo saree guest chale gaye" Ammi said bringing a plate near us.

"Mujhe bhook nahi hai" Nandini whispered and stood up and went to her room.

"Ammi aaplog dinner karke rest kar lo ,I will look after her" I said to ammi and took the plate before going to her room. I knocked the door for few times but did not get any response so I opened the door and went inside to see her nowhere but the sound of water coming from washroom.

I kept the plate on table and waited for her to come but it's been more than half and hour so I knocked on the washroom door but it was not locked so I went inside only to get shocked.
She was standing under the shower lifelessly only in her lahenga and blouse,her dupatta thrown in a corner. I immediately turned off the shower.

"Nandini are you fucking mad" I shouted holding her with both shoulder.

No response.

"Nandini damnit speak something" I shouted again but no response.

"Nandini bacha look at me" I said holding chin and she looked at me.

"Manik bhaiya mujhe dhruv chahiye" she spoke for the first time.

"Nandini dhruv chala gaya hai" I whispered.

"Manik bhaiya you fulfilled my every wish , please ise bhi pura kar do ,I promise I won't ask you for anything after that" she said pinching her neck.

"Nandini beta please understand dhruv has ran away leaving you" I tried explaining her helplessly.

" No no mujhe dhruv chahiye, dhruv please come back dhruv" she started shouting for her like a mad person and I couldn't control my anger and slapped her.

"Nandini hosh mein aayo, dhruv tumhe chorkar bhag gaya gaya hai" I said and she crashed into my chest crying and I wrapped my hand around her.

"Shh Mera bacha please stop crying" I whispered kissing her hair. She stopped crying but was still hiccupping. So I took her in my arms and took her to the room and made her sit on the sofa. I closed the room door and then took towel from her wardrobe. I opened her necklace keeping it on the table .

Then I took one towel and put it on her shoulder covering her upper body. After that I opened her earrings,maaangtika and her bun which had like hundreds of clip. I took another towel and dried her hair.

"I am sending Aliya she will help you to change" I said to and thankfully she responded by nodding this time.

I told Aliya to go to her and went to my room to get changed. I changed into shorts and tshirt and sat on the sofa with my leg on the table and sighed closing my eyes.So much has happened today, It was supposed to be nandini marriage,her happy day today but she is not even one percent happy.

And I did not even dream of getting married but I got married that too with nandini whom I have always considered her as my sister. I don't know how are we going to work on this relationship.
My thoughts were broken with a knock on door.

"Come in" I answered and saw Aliya standing on the door.

"Bhaiya Nandini is calling you" she said and I nodded before getting up.I went to her room to see her sitting on bed in her night dress.

"You called me" I asked sitting near her leg.

"Hmmm, you bought food please have it" she said.

"I bought it for you " I replied.

"Mujhe sach mein bhook nahi hai Manik bha..." She stopped speaking suddenly looking at me maybe realising that we are married now she is still going to call me bhaiya.

"I am sorry " she whispered looking down.

"Nandini we will talk about it tomorrow but please eat something,for me" I pleaded and she nodded. I broke a morsel and made her eat when I felt her forwarding a morsel to me ,I looked at her.

"I know you too don't have anything" she said and I took the bite. We completed our dinner feeding each other silently,I made her wash her hand on the plate and kept it on the table.
I went inside washroom to wash my hand ,when I came she was sleeping on her bed but her eyes were open.I opened the duvet and covered her properly.

" Don't think too much we will talk about everything tomorrow,good night" I whispered kissing her forehead and switching off the light I went to my room for a good night sleep.