4. The talk(b)

Manik

We reached Madh around 9am , I stopped the car near our house and  I looked at Nandini to see her sleeping, her hair had covered her half of face . I looked at her for a few minutes,so much has changed between us from yesterday. It was like she couldn't stop blabbering about anything and everything to me or in fact to anyone she was so talkative but look at her now so silent,and there is so much awkwardness between us. But I will clear everyday today.

"Nandini,nandu wake up we have reached" I tried waking her up but she just hummed, of course she is a heavy sleeper and she has not gotten enough sleep from yesterday. So I got down and opened the door from her side I picked her up and she like a baby wrapped her hand around me snuggling into my chest due to sunlight.

The caretaker opened the door, I have already asked him to clean the house so he has cleaned all the rooms and everything. I got nandini to her room and placed her on the bed and covered her from the duvet and switched on the fan along with AC. Yes she cannot sleep only with AC she needs a fan ,weird girl.
I pecked her forehead and closed the curtains and door I left from there.

I asked the caretaker to take leave as we are only two people and he can again come from the day after tomorrow. After that I also went to my room and replied to some work related mail and then got some sleep.

Nandini

I stirred in my sleep and opened my eyes to see that it was dark and I was in my room. I guess Manik bhaiya took me here because after having breakfast I slept in the car. I looked around for my mobile and found it on the side table.

I took the mobile to see that it's 5 pm ,oh God for how long I slept.Now no sleep at night I guess. I stretched my body and removed the duvet . I switched off the Ac and getting off from bed I switched on the light.I went to the washroom and washed my face and freshen up.

I went out of my room to search for Manik bhaiya, he must be in his room. I knocked a few times but he didn't respond. So I opened the door and went inside to see him in the balcony talking on the phone. I was about to go when he called me from behind.

Manik

"Hey nandini come here" I called her from behind,she must have come to talk to me but finding me on call she was going.

"Had a good sleep" I asked her and she nodded looking here and there.

"I was about to order some snacks ,do you want something specific " I asked and she nodded negatively looking down.

"Should I order dinner now or at night " I asked again.

"Whatever you want " she replied still not looking at me.

"Nandini baba I know Jo bhi hua acha nahi hua but atleast talk to me " I said holding her hand and she looked at me. Finally!!

"I don't want to talk about anything with you" She said looking at me with teary eyes.

"You are mad at me" I asked her and she nodded.

"Why" I asked again.

"Why did you marry me, you know that I have never ever looked at you in any other way, and I think you used to do the same then suddenly what changed that you married me" By the time she finished she started crying.

"Pahle to you stop crying,you know I don't like tears in your eyes for a second and here you are crying from yesterday " I said wiping her tears and she stopped crying but was still hiccupping.

"Come here" I whispered holding her hand and made her sit on the chair and made her drink some water then settled on the other chair opposite to her and took her palm in my hand .

"Nandini I know ki hum dono ne kabhi ek dusre ke baare mein uss tarike se nahi socha, par kal jab dhruv tumhe chorkar bhag gaya or ammi ne mujhe tumse nikaah karne liye bola tab Maine bhi mana kar Diya tha" I explained.

"Phir why did you said yes" she questioned.

"Nandini tab ammi ,abbu ,choti ammi sabne mujhe yahi samjhya ki ham sage Bhai bahen nahi hai or humare yaha Aisa hota hai ye baat tum jaanti ho na" I questioned and she nodded.

"Par meri wajah se aapki life kharab ho gayi ,aapko to abhi nikaah bhi nahi karni thi" She whispered slowly.

"I know par uss waqt ye sochne ka time nahi tha, uss waqt baat tumhari thi and you know I can do anything for you " I explained her and she looked at me.

" Aapne humse nikaah to kar liya par ab aage kya" She questioned making me confused.

"Aage kya matlab" I asked.

"Aap jaante hai ki Mein dhruv se pyar karti thi" she whispered looking here and there.

"You have your answer in your question only" I whispered holding her chin making her look at me and she looked confused.

" Tumne abhi kaha ki tum dhruv se pyar karti thi ,it's past tense to Jo ho gaya usse bhul jao and let's focus on the present,can we do that?" I questioned her and she nodded.

"So Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra if your doubts are clear are you ready to give us a chance " I asked her dramatically.

"Ready " She replied with a smile on her face.

"Chalo now can we order something,I am too much hungry" I asked her she nodded smiling.

"I want to have coffee,so let's get into the kitchen" I said standing up forwarding my hand ,she looked at me before placing her hand on me before we went to the kitchen.

"Waise we have another thing to talk about I guess" I told to nandini who was sitting on the slab after I put the milk to boil.

"About what" She looked confused.

"About you calling me Manik bhaiya, Now that I am your husband you need to stop calling me that" I told her and her eyes went wide,she looked cute.

"But how can I " she whispered.

"So you will call your husband bhaiya for a lifetime, or like you tell other people like aapka beta, aapka Bhai,aapka ye, aapka wo" I told her bitting my lips and she again looked confused before she realised what I meant.

"You heard all of my talk with ammi and badi ammi" She shouted realising what I am saying.

"I was just curious" I whispered mixing coffee powder into milk and then put them in two coffee mugs .

"And nandini one more thing marrying you was my decision and haven't destroyed my life so please don't be guilty" I whispered taking her down from the slab and kissing her forehead.

"I know it's a little awkward between us but ab shadi ho gayi to we have to take little steps everyday together " I told her giving her coffee cup, she took it from me kept on the slab and came near me.

"Thank you for everything Manik" She whispered kissing my cheek making me smile but before I could react anything the bell rang disturbing our moment.