4

It's been 3 hours since Chase came over and we finally agreed on an outfit that was appropriate. I don't have any slutty clothes but Chase seems to think otherwise.

My makeup is also done by Chase. No, I'm kidding. My mom did it for me. Who knew she was very good at it?

So now that I'm fully ready, I exit the house in a pair of jeans, a tank top and a leather jacket. Chase's leather jacket. Is it normal that that makes me feel really giddy.

Now my clothes are not exactly party material but as Chase said, ' I'm an accessory enough'

Quite self obsessed but he does have a point. Arriving with him raises my confidence. It's like everyone just gives you more respect when you walk in with anyone remotely popular.

It's kind of sad but I can't say I'm not a victim. I, too, respect people a lot more when they walk in with Chase and his friends.

As I sit in Chase's car, I reach for the radio when he puts his hand on mine.

"No need for music. We'll get plenty of that at the party. Right now, I have to explain the rules," he said.

"The rules? What makes you think this is the first party I've been too?" I asked.

"Given the fact you had no idea what to wear, I'm pretty sure this is your very first one," he said, eyes in the road.

"Fine. Tell me the rules," I surrendered.

He cleared his throat, straightened his shirt and then recited," No drinking. No going into another room with a guy. Or girl for that matter. No eating anything from the tables. They have so so many germs. Absolutely no leaving my side and no dancing with strangers,"

"Okay father," I said ,"Aren't I supposed to be driving you. I am the driver after all."

He looked at me like I grew another head," What? No! Who told you that?"

"Uh Brandon," I answered.

"He told me you were tagging along because you were bored and had nothing to do," he replied.

I sighed. "Seems like we've been set up."

"Yeah. Guess so," he muttered," Do you want to ditch? I know parties aren't exactly your cup of tea,"

Normally I would've jumped at the chance to avoid a party but today I was feeling particularly courageous and wanted to go.

I shook my head,"No, I want to go. It would be pretty useless if I got dolled up for nothing,"

He chuckled, "Alright. But remember, I warned ya' ," he said as he took the last turn and we pulled into one of the many parking spots near the driveway.

The music was so loud, you could here it from miles away.

Chase took my hand and whispered in my ear, " Stay close."

That little gesture managed to give me shivers but I decided to ignore it.

As we walk in, I feel like we're in the movies. It's like when walk in, hand in hand, everyone stops and stares. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if someone dropped there cup.

I tugged Chase's sleeve and asked him why everyone was staring. All he did was pull me to the dance floor.

"Just tune them out. They don't matter," he said.

"But to me they do. They're probably judging me from head to toe," I voiced my worries.

He pulled up my chin, "Trust me everyone's to drink to even think about anything. Nobody really cares in this school. Plus, do you really want to remember you're first party as this?" He asked.

I shook my head. He smiled and suddenly everything was better. Or relatively better.
~~~~

Me and Chase were talking about random crazy things. Like what I named my fluffy imaginary unicorn. His name is Bent by the way. You want to know what's funny? We weren't drunk. Not even a little. In fact, all I drank was some bottled water.  Which Chase brought from home. And when I reached for the water at whoever's house this is, Chase quickly swatted away my hand and handed me his '100% not drugged water'. Apparently I'm too trusting. I think he's just paranoid.

The night was going really well until a group of 10 people started playing truth or dare. It was big deal until the girls started giggling and pointing at me while the guys gave occasional glances.

Then, suddenly, one of the guys put his palms on my hip and started moving up and down. What the hell?!?

I immediately slapped him and screamed while Chase punched him repeatedly until the guy was bleeding. He then approached the group of players who 'supposedly' dared him to grope me.

Quickly, before he could start a fight I tried to stop him. That obviously didn't work so I punched him. On the arm. But he didn't budge. So I retreated and then ran, full charge, and jumped on his back. Immediately, he put his arms around my legs and after repeatedly urging him to leave blaming it on my stomach, we finally left.

The whole ride was extremely quiet because of that party scene. Chase seemed to have been in a really crappy mood because that scowl hasn't left his face.

Seeing as it was extremely boring, I pulled out my phone and started playing games. Temple Run to be precise.

Suddenly, he started laughing. I looked up, not before pausing my game obviously. What? I was about to set a new highscore. I'd be damned if I let a joke come between that.

"What?"

He smiled, " Only you would play Temple Run after an incident like that," he said a scowl reappearing on his face.

"I mean, it was really weird but he was essentially just dancing and that's what happens at parties. I mean I was super shocked and kind of scared at first but I guess this is all very normal and you handled it pretty well so I guess I'm over it," I shrugged. I faced him, "Thanks by the way. That was really nice if you," I smiled.

"Of course," he returned my smile as he pulled over to a cozy little restaurant. It was more like those cool diners from the 90's where they sell burgers and ice creams and everyone skated on roller skates instead of walking.

"Um. What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Eating. Duh," he said like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Ok." I replied. I definetly wasn't going to argue. I was really hungry.

~~~~~~~~~~
Heyyyyy. Ugh I was procrastinating this chapter because I don't like party scenes. Reading or writing em'. But I think this one is kind of ok. it's kind of cliché but I personally like chiché books and movies.

Anyway I hope you liked this chapter.
VOTE
COMMENT
SPREAD THE WORD