Tyler

My entire body is on fire. I scream but no sound comes out. I try to move but can't. The pain in my muscles scream in protest.

Shit.

What happened?

Where am i?

I try to lift my head but the pounding inside feels like someone's trying to crack through the cement that's filling my brain with a jackhammer.

Stretching out my legs i gasp, everything hurts. I try to roll off my side and onto my back but something pulls me back. The contact with my shoulder sends pain shooting down my arm and back. I clench my jaw and fight back the tears

Was i hit by a car?

Was there an accident?

My eyelids feel like their glued shut. I struggle to open them but everything's a blur.

There's a sick taste in my mouth and a ringing in my ears that's slowly fading to a dull hum and i can hear someone talking but can't make out a word their saying. I swallow hard trying not to throw up. The room is spinning.

What the hell happened?

I start to panic and try to sit up.

Something holds me down.

No.

Someone.

Was i attacked by someone?

Are they still here?

I'm exhausted and just want to sleep but the panic keeps pushing me to fight.

The fog is slowly lifting and i try to open my eyes again

Blue.

I can see blue but its still blurry.

Water?

Did i drown?

Was i swimming?

I cant remember.

I blink a few more times and my vision clears.

I look up to see a face.

A woman with a sad tired dark brown eyes is staring at me. She has brown curly hair that frames her face and sits on her shoulders. Somehow she looks familiar but i don't know why.

She's kneeling down in front of me with her hand on my shoulder.

My eyes fall to the ground.

No.

Not the ground.

A matt.

I'm on a blue rubber mat.

Bingo.

A switch goes off in my head and everything comes rushing back.

I'm on the mat again.

I had another seizure.

Great.

The feelings of fear and panic are quickly replaced with frustration and embarrassment.

"Hey, do you know where you are?" The woman I now realize is my Mom asks me as she rubs my arm. It feels like she's rubbing my skin off.

I really wish she wouldn't touch me.

My whole body feels like its on fire, every muscle burns like I've ran a marathon i wasn't prepared for.

"Home." I groan and try to sit, she lets me this time and helps me sit up.

"How you feeling?" she asks.