Tyler

We drove for an hour before stopping at a large building with a sign on top that said Dave's Exotic Animal Experience.

I stretched gingerly as I stepped out of the car. Every muscle still tight and tense.

Myles and Andre were getting out of their vehicle beside us.

Mom walked over to Myles and he grabbed her hand as we walked through the doors.

The entrance branched off into three separate directions with signs above them.

The Critter Corner, The Scaly spot, and The Bug Barn

We followed Myles and mom down the hallway labeled Critter Corner and were met by a middle aged man with a long beard and arms full of tattoos.

He introduced himself to us, and asked what we would like to see. Mom shrieked and instantly gravitated towards the sloth.

I looked around a bit and paid little attention to the spiel the guy was giving Mom about the sloth as he took it out of the enclosure.

There were all kinds of cages with different animals inside. I recognized an armadillo, a porcupine, some chinchillas and ferrets.

Nothing too exciting.

Andre didn't seem too interested either.

With Mom distracted I slowly wandered off checking out everything in the room eventually making my way to the entrance before glancing at my watch and slipping out down another hall.

The next room was filled with glass tanks and terrariums of all sizes.

I walked up to a large tank filled with lots of plants and branches.

Looking around inside I spot a gecko hanging out on the branch trying to blend in.

"What the hell is that?" Andre asks coming up behind me.

I didn't realize he followed me.

He's looking around the tank for a tag.

There isn't one.

"A crested gecko." I answer.

"That's right. You like reptiles?" a young woman with long brown hair and way too much makeup comes around my other side and joins us. There's a piebald ball python wrapped around her neck, the yellow spot on its back slightly resembling a happy face.

I shrug and step back.

"Holy shit!" Andre shouts and jumps.