Aang

I don't own Avatar: The Last Airbender. It belongs to Nickelodeon, Bryan Konietzko, and Michael Dante DiMartino. I only own Kali and her story.

Note: Flashbacks will be in bold.
--------------------------------------------------
On a ship, Kali was reading a book while Zuko wrote in his journal when suddenly the statues of past Avatars began to glow, causing Kali to slowly close her book and walked over to her fiancé, as they both looked at them in awe.
--------------------------------------------------
Both Zuko and Kali ran to the deck of the ship as a bright beam of light shot into the distance.

"Finally." Zuko panted.
--------------------------------------------------
"The only settlement in that area is a Water Tribe village in the South Pole territory. That's where we have to go." Zuko told his uncle and fiancée as he paced back and forth.

"Where you think we'll find the Avatar?" Uncle Iroh asked.

"Yes." Zuko replied.

"Because of the light?" Uncle Iroh asked again.

"You think I'm imagining things?" Zuko asked in disbelief.

Iroh stood up from the chair and said, "Sometimes, light beams are nothing more than celestial glimmers in the winter sky."

"For three years, I've been on the trail of the Avatar, following every lead, every rumor, every whisper. And I'll keep doing it for another three years if I have to." Zuko said.

"Prince Zuko, I don't think your father would want you--" Iroh started before Zuko interrupted him.

"My father has banished me, but I'll find the Avatar just as he asked."

Kali remained silent as the conversation became more heated on Zuko's side.

"All I'm saying is, it's hard to see you get your hopes up every time you see a... a sign." Iroh told Zuko.

Zuko turned away before saying, "It'll all be worth it once I return home in glory to take my place as the rightful heir to the Fire Lord.  And I'll make Kali my lady."

Iroh looked at the picture of Zuko, Ozai, and Azula and said, "Perhaps it's time to consider that the throne isn't everything."

Zuko looked at the picture with sadness. "It may not have been for you. But for me...it's my destiny."
--------------------------------------------------
The wind blew as Kali made her way up on the deck, hearing Commander Jee complain about coming to the South Pole.

"Be grateful it wasn't the North Pole, Commander." Kali walked up to the Commander and his men.

"Princess Kali! We were just-" The Commander started to say, but Kali held up her hand to silence him.

"You're lucky it was I who overheard you. If it were Zuko, well, that would be a different story."

The Commander lowered his head as the princess walked away.
--------------------------------------------------
Zuko grunted, sending a blast of fire from his fist. Kali and Iroh, sipping on Jasmine tea, watched.

"Good, your skills have never been sharper." Iroh complimented the prince.

"I need to be at my best when facing the world's ultimate warrior. They say Avatar Kyoshi took down an entire squadron of Earth Kingdom soldiers single-handedly." Zuko huffed.

"You've certainly prepared enough. How about a nice cup of Jasmine tea?" Iroh asked his nephew as Kali poured herself some more and took a drink.

Iroh stood up from the spot, saying, "Say we find the Avatar, and you're able to defeat him, a mission your father believed to be impossible. And so, your return home may be... unexpected." Iroh pointed out to Zuko who stepped closer towards his uncle, saying, "You're wrong."

Kali just rolled her eyes at how childish her fiancé was being and went back inside where it was warm.
--------------------------------------------------
Kali watched from her window as Zuko fought a Water Tribe boy, and the boy almost lost until a bald monk stepped in and knocked Zuko and his army to the snow-covered ground.

"Is this the Avatar?" Kali thought, confused.

Kali then watched as the bald monk backflipped in the air and landed safely before sending a gust of wind at Jee and his men, knocking them all over. Zuko kicked at the bald monk, who sent fire his way, but the monk blocked every shot thrown at him.

Kali watched in amazement as fire and air met, then blew each other out. Zuko's men then surrounded the bald monk, while rocks and snowballs were being thrown at the guards by the little kids in the village.

Kali watched as Zuko, and his men got tired of the Water Tribe's games and started to burn the village to the ground. Kali quickly turned away in fear as she heard someone shout, "No!" Kali looked back and saw the bald monk standing in front of the village, protecting it.

As Zuko and his men grabbed the bald monk, Kali ran to join them.

Kali silently watched as Commander Jee and his men locked the Avatar in a holding cell.

"Is that the Avatar?" Kali quietly questioned.

"Yes, he is." Zuko walked up to Kali and gave her a light kiss on the neck.

Zuko took Kali's hands, but Kali looked at him with worry.

"What is wrong?" Zuko asked.

"Nothing." Kali said quietly before walking down to where they kept the Komodo Rhinos. Kali kept walking until she came to a pen with her Eel Hound.

"Hey, Nagi. Hey, girl. Are you okay in here?" Kali asked Nagi as her female Eel Hound licked her face lovingly. Kali heard footsteps coming close to her, she didn't need to turn around to know it was Zuko coming to check on her.

"Are you alright?" Zuko asked, putting his hand on the railing but was swiped at by Nagi with her claws.

Kali laughed softly as Zuko pulled his hand away, wincing in pain.

Zuko glanced at her with a soft smile before coming closer to wrap his arms around her waist, kissing her lovingly on the lips.

"The sooner we can get home, the sooner we can get married." Zuko whispered to the earthbender, kissing the side of her head.
--------------------------------------------------
While on deck, Kali noticed the door to the inside of the ship open and bumped Zuko's shoulder to get his attention. Zuko looked up to see that the Avatar had escaped his holding cell and was trying to get away.

"Stop!" Zuko yelled, running after him, only for the Avatar to jump off the ship and pull out his glider.

"Open fire, now!" Zuko ordered his men.

Zuko's men missed the attacks, so he launched his own fireball, which hit the Avatar, causing him to fall. A hand grabbed him and pulled him to safety.
--------------------------------------------------
Zuko was working on a picture of the Avatar that he hung on the wall in his room as fire surrounded him.