The North

I don't own Avatar:The Last Airbender. It belongs to Nickelodeon, Bryan Konietzko, and Michael Dante DiMartino. I only own Kali and her story.
--------------------------------------------------
Iroh was checking on Zuko's wounds when Jee burst in.

"Prince Zuko, the Imperial Guard, they're coming to take the prince into custody." Jee said, out of breath.

"What?" Kali stood up.

"The Imperial Guard?" Iroh asked.

"They are already on their way." Jee exclaimed.

"Lieutenant Jee, slow down." Iroh ordered.

Jee took a moment to collect his thoughts before explaining the situation.

"I was just on Admiral Zhao's ship going over the latest... fuel usage figures." Jee said, before hesitating the last part.

"You were drinking, weren't you?" Kali narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms, asked.

"That's not the point." Jee snapped.

"Anyway, Lieutenant Dang and I were burning the midnight oil. Dang stepped out to take a message. I overheard them discussing new orders. Orders from the Fire Lord himself. He sent his personal guard to being Prince Zuko back to the Capitol, where he is to stand trial... For treason." Jee finished.

"Treason?" Zuko asked, confused.

"Are you certain?" Iroh asked.

"Yes, sir. I heard Dang order his men to shore to meet the guards." Jee rushed.

"Tonight? That means he'll be here any minute." Iroh realized.

"We got to get you out of here." Kali said, grabbing Zuko's hand and running out, followed by Iroh and Jee.

Iroh, Kali, and Jee got Zuko onto a small boat, only to watch it explode seconds later.
--------------------------------------------------
Kali spent the next few days crying her eyes out over losing Zuko.
--------------------------------------------------
A soldier said Zhao summoned her for a meeting with Iroh to go over the plan to attack the Northern Water Tribe.

"Why did you summon me?" Kali demanded. Her voice was raw from crying.

"Ah, Princess Kali, welcome. Now that we're all here, let's get started." Zhao said.

As they went over the battle plans, Kali thought the plan was nuts. Wiping the moon from the sky? Ridiculous.

Then Zhao went on and on thinking about a name for himself after the plan succeeded. Zhao the Conqueror. That sounded so dumb in Kali's opinion.
--------------------------------------------------
"He's attacking the fortress head on, like a bull in heat. There may be more, but he's keeping it to himself." Iroh told a soldier. The soldier removed his mask to reveal Zuko.

"I fear I've underestimated Zhao. He's more dangerous than I thought." Iroh said.

"Yeah, I figured that out as I was swimming away from the burning wreck of my boat." Zuko replied.

"We're almost there. Do you have a plan yet?" Kali asked.

Zuko pretty much said he didn't have a plan whatsoever.

"I'm still surprised by Zhao's boldness. I'd have thought it beyond him. It's almost like he's working with someone else. Someone much smarter." Iroh said.

Both Zuko and Kali looked at each other before saying in unison, "Azula."