Masks

I don't own Avatar: The Last Airbender.  It belongs to Nickelodeon, Bryan Konietzko, and Michael Dante DiMartino. I only own Kali and her story.
--------------------------------------------------
Kali sat on Zuko's bed, reading a book, as her fiancé got ready for the war meeting that he was invited to.

"Kali?" Kali looked up from her book to see Zuko looking at her. "How do I look?"

Kali smiled as she got up from the bed and wrapped her arms around Zuko, who did the same and kissed her on the lips.

"You look handsome." Kali whispered, kissing Zuko on the lips once more, until they heard a throat clear. The couple turned to see Uncle Iroh.

"Very impressive." Iroh smiled. "That uniform fits you well."

Kali joined Iroh, as Zuko asked, "Does it look right? I had trouble with the shoulder guards."

Iroh fixed Zuko's shoulder guards. "There. Perfect."

Both Zuko and Kali noticed a strange look on his face.

"What is it?" The young prince asked.

"Nothing." Iroh replied.

"Are you sure?" Kali asked, worried.

Iroh sighed. "Your gauntlets are laced incorrectly, but no one will care."

"What? Help me fix it!" Zuko panicked.

Kali snickered as Zuko sent her a playful glare, which she returned.

Iroh fixed the gauntlets as he told Zuko about his first war council meeting.

"There," Iroh said as he finished tying them.

"How do I look?" Zuko asked his uncle.

"Like a prince." Iroh said to him.

Zuko smiled at his uncle, and Kali gave Zuko a kiss on the cheek.

"Good luck." She whispered.

Kali watched as Zuko and Iroh attended the war council meeting.
--------------------------------------------------
"Why are we off course? Who changed the heading?" Zuko demanded.

Lieutenant Jee sent Zuko a look that wasn't unnoticed.

"Lieutenant Jee, I asked you a question." Zuko said.

"We were given new orders." The lieutenant said.

"New orders? Who from?" Kali asked.

"By me." A voice said. Zuko and Kali turned to see Commander Zhao.

"We've been playing catch-up for too long; I think it's time for a new strategy." Zhao said.

"What "new strategy"?" Kali asked.

"You think so? I am the one hunting the Avatar. I am in charge of this mission. I am the commander of this ship." Zuko practically yelled in Zhao's face.

"And I am an admiral." Zhao said, rubbing it in their faces.

Zuko took the scroll and read it over.

"Fire Lord Ozai saw fit to put me in charge of all operations related to the capture of the Avatar. Of course I welcome your assistance. In fact, I expect it. I'll need all the resources at my disposal, no matter how minimal." Zhao said, looking around the ship.

"I'll come by later to discuss a few personnel changes I'd like to make. In the meantime, please continue as usual." Zhao said before leaving.

"What has happened?" Uncle Iroh asked.