Chapter 24 One Person Missing

***BACK IN THE PALACE***

The next morning, princes have all gathered around the dinning area waiting as the servants prepare their food. They were currently the only ones around the table, which they wondered. The King and Queen are always punctual. Rose isn't there either. It didn't help the mood without a jolly girl gulping down every food within her reach.

Well, Ren and Dan are jolly but in a more annoying way.

Once they sat down a servant approached one of them, Fred, and handed him a letter. It came from the king and the queen.

Saying his gratitude to the servant, he opened the letter.

It seems as if they left for an important visit to a friend from another kingdom.

He looked up and noticed the princes were watching him. He assumes that they are wondering what the letter says. He cleared his throat. "Gentlemen, the king and the Queen are out for a visit to their friend. She's leaving me in charge for the meantime." He fought the frown that was trying to form in his face. He hates taking charges. Everyone is always looking up to him. It's pressuring. He thought it was a bit weird for him to be having those thoughts since he is fighting for the throne and all.

But seriously, why can't they ask Nate or Ace to take charge? Or even Dan and Ren?

He looked at the twins who were clapping their hands joyously at the king and queen's absence.

Okay maybe not the twins.

The twins both looked at Fred. "Why do they always leave Prince Fred in charge?" They both asked the same question that he was asking himself.

Until now, he couldn't help but wonder how they always say the same things at the same time. Is that a twin thing or an Alpha thing? He wondered what would happen if he had a twin to finish his every sentence.

Weird.

But it sounds fun!

Nate snorted at the twins' protest. "That's because the king and Queen are so smart as to not let you two be in charge. We all know what would happen when you two got the reins." The twins both glared at Nate, who seemed oblivious to the twins' glare - that or he's just pretending not to notice. Which didn't really help since the two seemed to snap.

Crap. Another fight is about to break loose if he won't do something.

Think Fred!

"Prince Ren, Prince Dan. Why don't the both of you go and fetch Rose? Breakfast is about to be served and it's almost time for her training with Ace." Just as he expected, the frowned from both of their faces vanished and was replaced by a grin. Their eyes sparkled as the both of them got up and made a salute.

"Our pleasure, your highness!" And they were off before he could even have the time to take back what he just said. Knowing them, they might pull some sort of trick on her before escorting her.

At the corner of my eyes, he saw Nate giving me an unsure look. "Prince Fred, are you sure that it is wise to call her now?" He thought about what Nate had said.

He's right. Rose might still be shaken from their little revelation yesterday. She might not like the idea of two werewolves giving her a wake up call. She might even freak out and scream bloody murder.

He nodded. This is why he hates being in charge. He takes the blame if anything goes wrong in the end. "I think that the sooner she'll get to spend more time with us, the easier she'll accept what we are." Was what he said.

Nate nodded. "Yes. I know that. But I wasn't referring to that."

"Oh? Then what are you referring to, Prince Nate?" I asked in curiosity.