Chapter 18 Cape of Doom

I leaned on the table in front of me as I poked the remains of my unfinished food. Don't get me wrong, I like the food but I think my stomach doesn't have enough space for them which is a shame.

"Rose, I'm gonna leave you for a bit, okay? I just have some things to handle first." Nate stood up from his seat in front of me and wiped his mouth with his napkin before setting it on the table. "You be good now while I'm gone, okay?" He looked at me as if begging me to stay put. He probably thinks that I'll wander off somewhere while he's not around.

I can't blame him. Somehow I see a pattern wherein they leave me for a second and trouble seems to appear.

In response to his request, I mocked a salute. "Yes sir! Take all the time you need." I said. Nate gave me one of those uncertain looks of his before he left the room but not before giving me a warning look before he left the room.

As soon as the door closed behind him, I fist pumped the air and shouted a "YES!". Immediately, the door opened once again and Nate's head appeared behind the door. "Excuse me?" He's asked with his eyebrow raised.

I gave him a sheepish smile and an innocent look. Not wanting to make it obvious. "Nothing. Have fun!"

He pointed a finger at me and gave me a warning look. "I'm warning you. Behave." with that, he once again disappeared behind the doors.

What am I? A dog?

I grinned evilly as I thought of ditching this place and going for a hike. Oh yeah!

I stood up rather quickly and, in the process, bumped the table and caused my own plate of dessert to fall on the floor, staining it with chocolate.

Oh *$%^&*!!

"Nate is gonna kill me!!" I whispered to myself, now in panic mode. See what I mean when I say trouble follows me?

What to do? What to do?

Look for something to wipe it off! Yes! That's it!

I scanned my surroundings for something big to wipe it clean. My eyes landed on a fabric at the back of Nate's chair. It was green and silky.

And it was the perfect rag for this mess!!

I reached out and grabbed the fabric and started to wipe the floor clean as fast as I could. Who knows how many minutes/hours I have when Nate comes back?

I wiped the fabric back and forth, making sure the floor is all clean and sparkly once again. When I was already satisfied the floor was once again clean, I threw the fabric on the sofa at the side. Just in time though, because Nate just came back. I quickly stood up from the floor and hid my hands behind my back.

Yes, probably not the best move for the innocent look.

"What were you doing?" Nate asked suspiciously.

"Nothing suspicious. I promise." I said and added a sweet smile to it. LIAR!

"Okay." Nate said uncertainly. "Did you have enough rest? Are you ready for the next lesson?" He asked. Instead of answering, I gave him a nod.

Throughout the whole afternoon, Nate just taught me on how to respond and act when there's a guest and how to talk to them properly. He told me that when someone asks me a question and when my mouth is still full, I would either nod, if the question is a yes or no, or shallow my food first before answering.

"Aren't you tired of this practice?" I asked.

"What?" Nate asked in confusion.

I gestured towards the table. "This. Isn't it very tiring to always have to do this? Be polite and act like a lady/gentleman?"