Chapter 14 Sibling Fight

Dan is a very weird individual. That I can conclude. It wasn't that long until they left that I decided to do a little stretching. I jumped off of the couch and did a few hops in place. I wore my flats again and decided to take a little stroll.

The twins were allowed to leave so why can't I? I'll return soon anyway.

I went out of the room and was deciding on which way I was supposed to go when I heard voices. It was coming from my right. Curiously, I followed the sound. Then, just as I was about to turn to a corner, I stopped. The twins were in the middle of the hallway talking. On reflex, I quickly moved back so I wouldn't be spotted.

By now, it would be the best and wise decision to return, but they seem to be in a serious conversation. Maybe I should stay and listen?

"So, how do you feel right now?" Dan was asking his brother with a very wide and teasing grin.

"I'm fine. Just finished getting some fresh air and some thinking."

"Rose is beautiful, isn't she?" He asked as he leaned on the wall beside the window.

They are talking about me, right? The same Rose that they are calling beautiful? Well maybe I am. I blushed in embarrassment, but still continued to listen.

"Yes she is." Ren agreed. "She is beautiful despite her jungle girl attitude."

Gee. Thanks. A compliment and an insult. Wow.

When I looked at Dan he was smiling. His eyes seemed to sparkle and he nodded his head in excitement. "Really?! And do you feel something when you see her?" He continued to press on.

"Uhh....yes." Ren seemed uncomfortable.

"Really?!" His smile seemed to grow bigger.

I nodded my head. "Yes. Why else would I consider her as our sister if I don't feel anything. Right?"

"..."

I was crying tears of joy. The twins like me so much, that they consider me as their sister!?

Dan, though, seemed disappointed at his brother. Ren stared at him with a confused expression then I watched the expression on his face turn into anger. "What? What did I do?!" Ren asked. He just pouted at him and started to turn his back and said, "Idiot."

"Wait! What do you mean?!" Ren even his pace to his brother, who were now headed in my direction. Dan just ignored him as he continued to walk. "Come on brother. Talk to me!"

"No. Find out yourself, stupid."

"What? Why wouldn't you just tell me why you're upset? Brother tell me! Why are you ignoring me?"

"Cause you're stupid!" He said and left him there, confused.

"Brother! Come on. What did I do?"

"Shut up"

"But-"

"No. Shut your mouth."

"Brother!"

It's time for me to go back. I gathered my skirt up and heard a few gasps from the maids when I exposed my legs. Geez, I forgot about their manners here.

I bolted for the room. Once I came in, a maid was just serving my lunch on the table. She had a confused look on her face, but I simply placed a finger to my lips. "Shh." I said. She simply nodded, bowed, and made her exit.

I sat on the table with my lunch on a tray and started to fill my stomach with the yummy delight. It was good. I started eating a bit fast to make it seem like I was in the room the whole time eating when Ren and Dan arrived. I could only guess that the twins haven't settled their disputes because they didn't say anything to each other. It wasn't until the lessons started again that I wish I did something to help them make up.