Tactical Triumph - Chapter 30

As the gentle murmur of morning conversations reached the confines of the tent, Ruby'ck stirred from her slumber. With a languid yet purposeful movement, she rose from her makeshift bed and gracefully emerged into the daylight filtering through the fabric of the tent.

Stepping into the open, Ruby'ck found herself instantly greeted by the lively ensemble outside. Positioned around the campfire, everyone sat comfortably on two logs arranged in a circle, their faces illuminated by the flickering flames that cast a warm glow in the crisp morning air.

 Nert, in his characteristic calm tone, offered a warm "Good morning, sleepy head," setting the tone for the day. 

Following suit, Yzavynne and Leeani echoed the sentiment with cheerful "Morning Ruby" greetings.

Jiighual, the culinary enthusiast of the group, couldn't contain his excitement. Displaying a triumphant grin, he declared, "Ruby, look what I got. Delicious fishes for breakfast," inviting her to partake in the morning feast. 

Kazaks, true to his exuberant nature, capped off the ensemble with an energetic proclamation, "GOOD MORNING RUBY!," ensuring that his vibrant greeting reverberated across the grassland surroundings.

In this harmonious exchange of morning salutations, the camaraderie of the group unfolded under the canvas of the rising sun, casting a warm and welcoming glow on the grassy expanse they called home.

"Good morning, everyone," Ruby'ck responded, her expression reflecting surprise as she discovered Leeani and Kazaks already present. Stepping towards them, she observed the group immersed in their morning meal. As she approached, Ruby'ck joined Leeani and Yzavynne on a nearby log.

With a warm welcome, she greeted them, "Welcome back, Kazaks and Leeani. I'm relieved to see you both unharmed."

Leeani flashed a reassuring smile at Ruby'ck, poised to share something, but Kazaks' exuberant voice cut through the air. "Rub--"

"YES! WE'RE ALL ALRIGHT! CAPTAIN STOOD OUT THE MOST WITH HIS UNMATCHABLE SKILLS, BUT ME AND LEEANI ALSO CONTRIBUTED TO THAT AMBUSH!" Kazaks proclaimed, brimming with energy.

"Ambush!?" Ruby'ck exclaimed in panic.

"YES!" Kazaks confirmed.

"Where's Zach!?" she anxiously inquired, her face reflecting concern.

"OH CAPTAI--" Kazaks began but Leeani interjected with a calm assurance.

"Ruby'ck, Captain's behind that tree over there," Leeani gestured toward the tree. "He's sitting under that tree. I knew you'd have questions about him," she remarked.

"Oh, thanks, Leeani. I'll be back quickly," Ruby'ck expressed her intention to check on Zach, but her dash was halted by Jiighual.

"Ruby, take this. You should eat with us first before you talk to him. If you're so worried about the captain, he's alright," Jiighual suggested, rising from the log he occupied to offer her a fish-on-a-stick.

Continuing, he added, "That's a trout. It's delicious. Take it." A warm smile adorned Jiighual's lips as he handed Ruby'ck the fish-on-a-stick.

"Thanks, Jiighual. I appreciate this!" Ruby'ck expressed her gratitude before making her way toward the tree Leeani had indicated earlier.

Seated together on a log, the entire group engaged in a shared meal, relishing the sense of unity around the crackling campfire.

As they're gathered around the campfire, enjoying the warmth and camaraderie, conversations flowed naturally.

Leeani, savoring a bite of fish, remarked, "Jiighual, this trout is fantastic! Do you have a secret recipe?"

Jiighual grinned, "Ah, it's all about the seasoning and a bit of wilderness magic. I'll teach you sometime."

Kazaks, energetically savoring each bite, enthusiastically added, "I'm with you on that one, Leeani!"

Nert chuckled and quipped, "Care to spill the beans on your secrets?"

Yzavynne, wearing a pleasant smile, remarked, "Jiighual, you've truly surpassed expectations with these delightful fishes for breakfast. Don't keep us in suspense—share your secret."

Jiighual, basking in the compliments, responded but was interrupted, "You know, when it comes to food, I make it my mission to satisfy. So, the first step is to--."

"Doesn't Ruby believe in the concept of Zachy having his own space?" Yzavynne mumbled, though her words carried enough volume to reach everyone's ears and momentarily halt the ongoing conversation.

In that momentary silence, Kazaks unleashed a booming laugh that echoed through the surroundings. "HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! IS SOMEONE FEELING A LITTLE TIGHT IN THE CAPTAIN'S SPACE?" he roared with laughter.

Leeani, sporting a sly grin, added, "Yzavynne...who knew you harbored such deep emotions for the captain?" she teased.

Simultaneously, Nert and Jiighual chimed in, "You? And Captain?" as they burst into fits of laughter.

"No, no. It's not what you think! AGH! Quiet down, you guys! Stop embarrassing me!" Yzavynne protested, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Amidst the laughter of the rebels, the morning air resonated with the light-hearted banter echoing around the campfire. Yzavynne's playful remark had injected a touch of humor into the atmosphere, creating a momentary break from their usual adventures. Even as the group chuckled at the notion of personal space for their captain, the camaraderie among them strengthened, bonding them tighter in the shared joy of the moment.