Shadow Reckoning - Chapter 107

The chaos of battle engulfed the battlefield, Kazaks and Sentinel found themselves locked in a fierce exchange of blows, their weapons clashing amidst the din of combat.

With each swing, Kazaks felt the weight of exhaustion settling upon him, his breath coming in ragged gasps as he struggled to keep pace with his relentless adversary.

"Finally! You're starting to tire!" Sentinel's taunting words cut through the chaos, his voice filled with a mix of triumph and mockery. "Took a while to wear you down, didn't it? Now, it's a fair fight."

Kazaks, his frustration simmering beneath the surface, retorted with equal fervor. "You sure love to talk!" he shouted, his voice ringing out amidst the clash of weapons.

The clash of steel echoed across the battlefield, Kazaks and Sentinel engaged in a relentless duel, their movements a blur of speed and skill.

Kazaks swung his war hammer with precision, each strike aimed at finding a weakness in Sentinel's defenses. With every blow, Sentinel countered with swift and calculated movements, his sword slicing through the air with deadly accuracy.

Amidst the chaos of battle, Kazaks found himself growing weary, his muscles burning with exertion as he fought to keep pace with his formidable opponent.

"You fight well, but you cannot match my strength," Sentinel taunted, his voice dripping with confidence as he parried Kazaks' attacks effortlessly.

"Is that so? I'm just getting started!" Kazaks shot back, his determination unwavering despite the odds stacked against him.

Their duel raged on, each combatant pushing themselves to their limits in a bid for supremacy on the battlefield. Sweat dripped from Kazaks' brow as he fought to keep pace with Sentinel's relentless onslaught.

"You fight well, Kazaks," Sentinel acknowledged, a glint of admiration in his eyes. "But ultimately, you cannot hope to defeat me."

Kazaks gritted his teeth, his muscles straining against the force of Sentinel's blows. "We'll see about that," he growled, determination burning bright in his gaze.

But then, in a moment of carelessness, Kazaks left himself vulnerable, and Sentinel seized the opportunity without hesitation.

With a swift and decisive movement, Sentinel lunged forward, his sword piercing Kazaks' abdomen with alarming speed.

A pained gasp escaped Kazaks' lips as he staggered backward, the shock of the blow coursing through him like wildfire.

Sentinel's cold laughter filled the air as he watched Kazaks crumple to the ground, the battle momentarily forgotten as he reveled in his victory.

Pain wracked Kazaks' body as he grunted in agony, his gaze fixated on the sword embedded in his abdomen, a cruel reminder of his vulnerability in the face of Sentinel's relentless assault.

"The mighty warrior brought low," Sentinel jeered triumphantly, his voice dripping with contempt as he gloated over Kazaks' plight. "To think, you, the fierce warrior, now kneeling before me, wounded and bleeding."

Kazaks clenched his teeth, his muscles tensing with effort as he fought to remain conscious despite the searing pain coursing through his body. Through gritted teeth, he muttered a name, a whispered plea for aid amidst the chaos of battle.

"Yzavynne... I promised. Don't you worry, I'll make it out of here, alive," Kazaks' voice was barely a whisper, lost amidst the clamor of the battlefield.

"Even if the darkness closes in, even if the path ahead is fraught with peril, I'll keep my promise. And I will fight, I will endure, until that promise is fulfilled," Kazaks murmured, his voice a solemn vow amidst the chaos of battle.