Shadow Reckoning - Chapter 104

The relentless barrage of arrows continued to assault Jiighual's sturdy pavise shield, each impact reverberating through his arms as he stood firm, his comrades sheltered behind the protective barrier.

Zach's voice cut through the chaos, his tone commanding as he outlined their strategy with precision, his mind calculating each move like a master strategist on the battlefield.

"Gargeal, it's time to create a diversion," Zach ordered, his eyes flashing with determination as he directed his comrade to take action. "Move swiftly to the left side, draw their attention away from us. Use your great sword to deflect the arrows and rely on your agility to evade those that slip through."

 "Affirmative, Zach," he declared, his tone firm and resolute.

Gargeal nodded in understanding, his grip tightening on his great sword as he prepared to execute Zach's plan with precision and skill.

"Qarek, you're up next," Zach continued, his voice unwavering as he delegated tasks to his team. "Shift to the right side once Gargeal has their attention. Confuse them, keep them off balance. Use your war axe to intercept their arrows and use your speed to evade their attacks."

Qarek's enthusiasm was palpable, his readiness to engage. "Finally, some good action for me!"

Qarek's grin widened at the challenge, his determination shining through as he readied himself for the coming onslaught, his mind already strategizing the best way to execute Zach's plan.

"Andhur, it's time to put your stealth skills to use," Zach declared, his gaze locking onto their stealthy ally. "Sneak through the tall grass surrounding us, silently eliminate the archers from behind. Take them out one by one, swiftly and quietly."

"You can rely on me with that, captain, after all, i'm sleek as Nert," Andhur replied with a grin.

Andhur's confidence radiated as he nodded in response, his movements already calculated and precise as he vanished into the surrounding foliage, his mind focused on the task at hand.

Zach's plan unfolded, each member of the Shadowed Symphony stood ready to play their part, their determination unshakable in the face of adversity. With their strategy in place, they awaited Zach's signal to strike, their minds sharp and their resolve unyielding as they prepared to face the enemy head-on.

"As soon as Andhur successfully infiltrates the archers' position, utilizing the cover of the tall grass to his advantage, I'll execute a high jump, positioning myself directly in front of them," Zach explained, his voice steady and authoritative as he outlined the next steps of their strategy. "Once I have their full attention, Gargeal and Qarek will flank me from the sides, launching a coordinated assault to incapacitate the archers and neutralize the threat they pose."

Leeani and Jiighual, eager for their roles in the plan, sought clarification from Zach, their readiness evident in their questioning. "But what about us, captain?" Leeani inquired, her eyes fixed on Zach as she awaited his instruction.

"Yeah, any actions left for me and Leeani?" Jiighual chimed in, his tone eager as he awaited his orders.

"And also me, captain Zach," Kazaks interjected.

Zach, ever the strategist, reassured his comrades and delegated their roles with precision, ensuring that each member of the team played a vital part in their mission's success. "Of course, I'm not finished yet," he replied confidently, his gaze sweeping over the group with unwavering determination. "Leeani, Kazaks, and Jiighual, your task is crucial. Once the distraction is underway, you'll navigate through the chaos and provide support from behind, leveraging your unique skills to turn the tide in our favor."

Jiighual, impressed by Zach's foresight, voiced his admiration for their leader's tactical acumen. "Smart move as always, captain!" he remarked, a hint of admiration coloring his words as he prepared for the upcoming battle.

"Agree!" Leeani concurred, her fingers deftly loading her crossbow as she braced herself for the imminent confrontation.

"Outstanding strategy, Captain Zach!" Kazaks added.

With their roles defined and their determination unwavering, the team exchanged determined glances, unified in their resolve to see the plan through to its successful conclusion. "Now, is everyone ready?" Zach queried, his voice carrying a sense of urgency as they prepared to execute their meticulously crafted strategy.

Kazaks, his voice tinged with respect, affirmed, "I'm ready, Captain Zach! I'm ready to execute your orders to the letter."

Leeani, her eyes alight with readiness, nodded in agreement. "Count me in, Captain. I'll provide cover from behind Jiighual's huge shield," she declared confidently.

Jiighual, his tone resolute, assured Zach, "You can rely on me, Captain. I'll hold the line and charge when the time comes."

Andhur, his grin widening, replied with a hint of mischief, "Consider it done, Captain Zach. I'll slip through those archers like a shadow in the night."

Qarek, his expression fierce, declared, "I'm with you, Captain. Let's give these archers a taste of our steel!"

Gargeal, his voice steady, affirmed, "I'm ready to create that diversion, Zach. Leave it to me."

Each member of the Shadowed Symphony responded with unwavering determination, their loyalty to their leader evident as they prepared to execute the plan with precision and skill.

"Gargeal, now!" Zach's voice pierced through the chaos, prompting Gargeal to spring into action. 

With swift determination, Gargeal emerged from behind the massive pavise shield, his movements calculated as he darted to the left, effectively diverting the attention of the archers towards him.

"Huh? What's that guy doing?!" one of the archers exclaimed, confusion evident in his voice as he tried to make sense of Gargeal's sudden appearance.

"Don't stop firing your arrows! Direct them at him, now!" the archer commander bellowed, his orders echoing across the battlefield as he urged his men to maintain their assault.

Undeterred by the onslaught of arrows, Gargeal deftly evaded each projectile, his great sword serving as both a shield and a weapon against his foes.

Meanwhile, Qarek seized the opportunity presented by Gargeal's diversion, bursting forth from the safety of the shield's cover and sprinting towards the right flank with unmatched speed.

"Hey! Over here!" Qarek's voice rang out, drawing the attention of the archers who found themselves momentarily disoriented by his unexpected maneuver.

"I said don't stop! Continue firing your arrows at them!" the archer commander roared, his voice laced with frustration as he sought to regain control of the situation.

With the archers focused on Gargeal and Qarek, Andhur seized his moment, slipping unnoticed into the shadows and swiftly dispatching the archers from behind with deadly efficiency.

But their stealthy approach did not go unnoticed for long, as one sharp-eyed archer caught sight of Andhur's actions and sounded the alarm.

"Hey guys! Over here! They're taking us from behind!" the archer shouted, his warning reverberating through the ranks of his comrades as they scrambled to react.

Amidst the chaos, Zach emerged like a force of nature, leaping across the tall grass with unparalleled grace and landing squarely in front of the archers, his presence commanding their undivided attention.

"Eyes on me," Zach's voice was calm yet commanding as he locked eyes with the archers, his unwavering gaze a testament to his determination to lead his team to victory.