Covert Expedition - Chapter 91

"Of course she's fine, Qarek! Just look at her, she's radiant," Leeani exclaimed with a warm smile.

Ruby'ck's face

Ruby'ck's face

Ruby'ck approached Zach slowly, closing the distance between them with a sense of calm determination.

"Do you think I look okay, Zach?" Ruby'ck inquired softly, her eyes searching his for reassurance.

"You look absolutely beautiful, Ruby'ck," Zach replied gently, a soft smile gracing his lips as he looked at her.

Ruby'ck felt a warmth spread through her cheeks as she blushed, but this time she didn't try to hide it from him.

"Even more adorable," Zach added with a fond smile.

With a palpable sense of urgency, Zach with his comrades inside the house, his announcement lingering in the air as he addressed them with patience, yet an unmistakable intensity.

"Alright, gather 'round everyone," Zach's voice cut through the quiet of the room, his eyes scanning each member of the team with a focused determination. "Now that we're all here, it's time to discuss our next move. We can't afford to waste any more time waiting for Kazaks and Yzavynne to return. My gut tells me something's not right, and the longer we linger here, the more my anxiety grows."

He paused for a moment, allowing his words to sink in before continuing, "Tomorrow, at first light, we'll set sail and make our way back to the mainland of Aeolantis. We need to find Kazaks, Yzavynne, and Nert as soon as possible. They're crucial to our mission, and I won't rest until we have them back with us."

Turning his gaze to each member of the team, Zach's eyes were filled with determination. "Jiighual, Leeani, Andhur, Qarek," he addressed them individually, "we need to be prepared for whatever lies ahead. Our journey won't be easy, but I know we're capable of facing whatever challenges come our way. Are you with me?"

"Absolutely, captain!" Jiighual exclaimed, his voice filled with unwavering determination.

"Count me in," Leeani chimed in, her eyes reflecting her commitment to the cause.

Andhur nodded solemnly, his expression grave yet resolute. "I'm ready, captain."

Qarek flashed a confident grin. "You can always count on me, Zach. Let's do this!"

With the team united in purpose, Zach felt a surge of determination course through him. Together, they would face whatever obstacles lay ahead and emerge victorious.

Zach's attention gently shifted back to Ruby'ck while the other members engaged in a conversation, his eyes softening as he took in her presence beside him, her features bathed in the soft glow of the evening light.